Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Camel with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Camel.
If your characters are caravanning across the desert or performing in the circus, they will need a trusty camel. You can use this cartoon camel drawing guide to create an easy, step-by-step wildlife portrait.
Camels are not too hard to draw. This guide breaks it down into a simple series of lines. Do you see how the overlapping curved lines give the animal a furry appearance?
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? The camel in this illustration is a dromedary camel. It has one hump like the letter "D." Camels with two humps like the letter "B" are called Bactrian camels.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Camel
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Camel for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon camel outline by drawing its face. Use curved lines for the nose, eyebrows, and half-circle-shaped eyes. Shade a small circle within each eye, and draw a teardrop shape to indicate the nostril.
Easy Cartoon Camel Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line that overlaps the bottom of the nose. This is the upper lip. Draw another line overlapping it to form the bottom lip. Detail the upper lip and the corner of the mouth with curved lines. Then, use a series of curved lines to draw the top of the head, a tuft of fur, and the ear.
Easy Cartoon Camel Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the camel's remaining ear and the line down the center of it. Then, draw its long neck. Use a series of connected curved lines at the chest to give it a furry appearance.
Easy Cartoon Camel Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend a line from the base of the neck to begin drawing the hump. At the bottom of the neck, use a curved line and a series of lines to draw the leg. Notice the furry appearance at the top and the roundness of the knee. At the bottom of the foot, draw a rounded shape with a short line on top. This is the camel's toe.
Easy Cartoon Camel Drawing - Step 5
5. Finish the first foot by drawing a second toe. Then, use curved lines to draw the remaining front leg and its two toes.
Easy Cartoon Camel Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the rear leg. Again, use curved lines for the sides of the leg and the two rounded toes. Connect the front and rear legs with a curved line, indicating the belly.
Easy Cartoon Camel Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the remaining rear leg.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Camel Picture - Step 8
8. Use a series of curved lines to enclose a furry, rounded starburst shape at the top of the hump. Then, connect the top of the hump to the rear leg using a long curved line.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Camel Drawing - Step 9
9. Next, draw the camel's tail. Extend two curved lines from its body and allow them to meet at a point. At the tip, use a series of curved lines to enclose a shaggy tuft of fur.
Color Your Cartoon Camel Drawing
Your cartoon camel outline is now complete. Color your camel tan or brown. Rarely, camels can also be white or black.
For more great safari animals drawing tutorials, see the collection of Beginner Safari Animals Drawing Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Camel Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).