Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Flamingo with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Flamingo.
Flamingos are famous for their bright pink feathers. Learn how to draw a cartoon flamingo in all its natural beauty.
Flamingos are unusual birds with spindly legs, vibrant plumage and long necks like giraffes. They famously get their color from the food that they eat. You can color your cartoon flamingo with your favorite shade of pink.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This easy step-by-step drawing uses a lot of circles, ovals, curves and leaf shapes. The legs are easy to draw because they're narrow like twigs. If you want more detailed shading, lightly sketch the wings to make them look feathery.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Flamingo
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Flamingo for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Sketch a semi-circle near the top of the page. Use curved lines to make a rounded triangle for the eye, then add an oval inside the triangle and a dash above the shape.
Easy Cartoon Flamingo Drawing - Step 2
2. Outline the beak with two curves that meet at a point at the bottom. Draw a wavy line inside the lines to make a banana-like shape, and finalize the beak with a curve beneath the eye.
Easy Cartoon Flamingo Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the neck with two backward S-shapes that create a long, narrow tube. Complete the head with a semi-circle. Sketch lines inside the beak like a regular flamingo drawing.
Easy Cartoon Flamingo Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch a hill for the top of your cartoon flamingo's wing, then draw a vertical curve and three overlapping loops underneath.
Easy Cartoon Flamingo Drawing - Step 5
5. Add more loops and lines to make the wing look soft and feathery. Start the body with a curve underneath.
Easy Cartoon Flamingo Drawing - Step 6
6. Make small, sketchy triangles, complete the body with a curve and draw more triangles for the tail.
Easy Cartoon Flamingo Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw two arrows to create a narrow leg. Outline the toes with two large loops and one small loop at the end.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Flamingo Picture - Step 8
8. Add one more toe to the first leg. Sketch the second leg with straight vertical lines and an oval in the middle. Draw a triangle for the foot and short triangles on top of the leg.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Flamingo Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the foot with more triangles that make the toes look webbed. Sketch narrow lines inside the legs.
Color Your Cartoon Flamingo Drawing
Finally, outline your entire cartoon flamingo drawing, then color the body and feathers bright pink. Use pinkish-tan for the legs and gray and off-white for the beak. Carefully shade your drawing according to the example.
For more great easy bird drawing tutorials, see the collection of Cute Easy Bird Drawing Ideas..
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Flamingo Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).