Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Chewbacca with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Chewbacca.
Chewbacca is one of the most important characters in the Star Wars series. Chewbacca is a Wookiee, which is a race of aliens from the planet Kashyyyk.
While Chewbacca was introduced as a live-action character, he is also a cartoon character who has appeared in animated shows like Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Fans have created their own stories about Chewbacca since the first Star Wars movie came out in 1977.
With this guide, you can draw your own cartoon Chewbacca and imagine your own stories in the Star Wars universe.
To start, draw the initial outline with a pencil. After that, you can color your drawing with anything: markers, pens, colored pencils or watercolors. Try drawing a background inspired by the Star Wars universe.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Chewbacca
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Chewbacca for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with a half-circle at the top, then lightly sketch curved, jagged lines that meet at a point at the bottom.
In the middle of the face, draw a curved arrow pointing upward, then add two loops underneath to complete the nose. Use teardrop shapes for the eyes and loose, expressive lines for the eyebrows.
Easy Cartoon Chewbacca Drawing - Step 2
2. At the top of the head, draw curved lines shooting upward like a fountain. For the mouth, make a lopsided oval and use small triangle and rectangle shapes for the teeth.
Add swooping, flowing lines on either side of the mouth.
Easy Cartoon Chewbacca Drawing - Step 3
3. Keep adding lines to make the face look even furrier. On each side of the head, draw more sweeping lines like tufts of grass.
Easy Cartoon Chewbacca Drawing - Step 4
4. For the left arm, draw a single curved line, then make a bent spiral shape for the thumb.
On the right side of the arm, make a few large, jagged lines at the elbow, then swoop upward and draw more tufts of fur. Use more loose, sketchy lines for the rest of the hand.
Easy Cartoon Chewbacca Drawing - Step 5
5. Use thick hot dog shapes to draw the fingers. For the right arm, use large, broad strokes to draw the fur.
Easy Cartoon Chewbacca Drawing - Step 6
6. Alternate between jagged lines and smooth, curved lines for the rest of the body. Use thick, overlapping hot dog shapes to draw the fingers on the right hand. Cover the hand with a strip of tufted fur.
Easy Cartoon Chewbacca Drawing - Step 7
7. Use more loose, sweeping lines to form the legs. Draw overlapping ovals at the bottom of the left leg to form the toes.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Chewbacca Picture - Step 8
8. Add another set of toes on the right leg. In the middle of the body, draw two parallel curved lines, then bring them together with a rounded triangle at the end. Sketch loose rectangles inside this shape.
Add a dark oval and an oblong shape, then draw two sagging, parallel loops for the pouch. Complete the pouch with a straight line and a few small curves.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Chewbacca Drawing - Step 9
9. Cover the body with more tufts of fur. Draw straight lines inside the rectangles on the sash.
Color Your Cartoon Chewbacca Drawing
Outline your drawing with a black pen, then erase the extra pencil lines.
You now have your very own cartoon Chewbacca. Use different shades of fur for the brown, then use grey for the fingers and toes. Color the sash with grey and reddish-brown.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Chewbacca Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).