Learn how to draw a great looking Kylo Ren with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Kylo Ren.
"Let the past die. Kill it if you have to. That's the only way to become what you were meant to be."
- Kylo Ren, Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Kylo Ren entered the Star Wars canon in the 2015 film Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Born to Han Solo and Leia Organa, he was given the name Ben Solo.
He was once a Jedi apprentice to his uncle, Luke Skywalker, but he turned to the dark side and slaughtered his fellow students. He was then trained by the First Order's Supreme Leader Snoke.
Kylo Ren is motivated to finish the annihilation of the Jedi begun by his grandfather, Darth Vader. In his quest, he murders his own father as well as Snoke. He attempts to kill Luke but finds he is fighting only a Force projection.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Many questions still remain about the mysterious past and future of Kylo Ren. Why does he feel such a strong force connection to young Rey?
Are they siblings? Will he be forever consumed by the Dark Side of the Force, or will his Light Side leanings will out? Future additions to the Star Wars saga are certain to reveal the answers.
The Force is strong with this one. Make this easy, step-by-step Star Wars character drawing guide a part of your Jedi training. All you will need is a pencil, pen, or marker, as well as a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Kylo Ren
How to Draw a Great Looking Kylo Ren for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a long, curved line. It should somewhat resemble the profile of a dog's face. This outlines one side of Kylo Ren's cloak.
Easy Kylo Ren Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another long, curved line, creating a mirror image of the first. This fully encloses the rounded triangular shape of the cloak.
Easy Kylo Ren Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a series of curved and straight lines to outline the bottom of Kylo Ren's mask. Notice how the lowest portion is notched.
Easy Kylo Ren Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a long, curved line to outline a shape like a curved rectangle in the middle of the mask. This portion covers Kylo's eyes. Then, extend two curved lines below it. At the bottom of the mask, draw a straight line and two small rectangles.
Easy Kylo Ren Drawing - Step 5
5. Detail the respirator, or lower portion, of the mask. Draw a series of parallel lines just below the eyepiece. Then draw staple-shaped lines, incomplete rectangles, along the sides of the respirator. Place a few marks on its interior.
Easy Kylo Ren Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a number of triangles, lines, and curved shapes of various sizes on each side of the respirator, below the eyepiece. Shade the shapes.
Easy Kylo Ren Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw numerous parallel curved lines above the eyepiece.
Add More Details to Your Kylo Ren Picture - Step 8
8. Draw curved lines on each side of the mask. Then, draw a long, curved line around one side of the figure. It should be similar in shape to the first line but not completely parallel. This forms the outside of the cloak.
Complete the Outline of Your Kylo Ren Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a long, curved line around the figure, mirroring the previous step. This outlines the cloak, fully enclosing it.
Color Your Kylo Ren Drawing
Color Kylo Ren. He typically dresses in black. Then, check out our characters drawing guides, where you'll find heroes and villains from a galaxy far, far away.
For more great Drawing Ideas tutorials, see the 100 Easy Drawing Ideas Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Kylo Ren Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).