Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Heart with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Heart.
Show some love with the help of this easy, step-by-step cartoon heart drawing tutorial. It is bursting with love and affection!
The heart is a basic shape, but this one takes things a step further by adding three-dimensional heart drawing elements. Lines and starburst patterns also give the impression that the heart is sparkling, shining, or glowing.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The sparkling heart emoji is pink with yellow stars. What shades of markers, crayons, or colored pencils will you use to color your simple heart drawing? Let's get started.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Heart
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Heart for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon heart outline by drawing a curved line. This line comprises one side of the heart shape, from the upper lobe to the bottom point.
Easy Cartoon Heart Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the opposite side of the heart using a curved line, completely enclosing the basic shape.
Easy Cartoon Heart Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw curved lines along the lobe and side of the heart, giving it a three-dimensional appearance.
Easy Cartoon Heart Drawing - Step 4
4. Enhance the 3D effect by drawing a reflection of light on one of the heart's lobes. Enclose a small circle and an elongated curved shape.
Easy Cartoon Heart Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two more heart shapes of different sizes below the primary heart.
Easy Cartoon Heart Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw several small, four-pointed star shapes around the heart, above and below it.
Easy Cartoon Heart Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw several cross-like starburst shapes all around the heart. For each starburst, use two vertical straight lines and two horizontal straight lines. The lines should be at perpendicular angles to one another despite the fact that they do not meet in the middle.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Heart Picture - Step 8
8. Draw several groupings of three straight lines emanating from the heart but not touching it. These lines give the impression that the heart is glowing or sparkling.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Heart Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw more groupings of three to four straight lights extending outward from the heart. Notice that the lines are of different lengths.
Color Your Cartoon Heart Drawing
Your cartoon heart outline is now complete. Don't forget to color it! We've shaded ours in light and dark red shades surrounded by yellow stars.
You can get creative and color your cartoon heart in any way you wish. If you'd like to copy the classic sparkling heart emoji, on most devices this emoticon appears as a light pink heart with yellow stars.
For more great hearts drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy How to Draw Hearts Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Heart Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).