Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Earth with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Earth.
How well do you know the planet that you live on? You can learn how to draw a cartoon earth with the help of this easy, step-by-step drawing guide.
Usually when you draw the earth, it is a smooth circle with the squiggly lines of oceans and continents marking its surface. In this cartoon, however, the mountains rise visibly from the landmasses and thick clouds hang around its edges.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
If you love this big blue marble, you can use this Earth Day card drawing guide to sketch yourself giving the earth a hug. After that, find your place in the galaxy and learn how to draw all the planets in this solar system drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Earth
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Earth for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon Earth outline by drawing a big circle. This forms the basic shape of your drawing - don’t forget to have an eraser handy.
Easy Cartoon Earth Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a line from South America's opening. Sketch the eastern side of North America. Notice Florida's narrow peninsula and the "Y" shaped inlet around Canada and Greenland.
Easy Cartoon Earth Drawing - Step 4
4. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the remaining side of North America, erasing the circle of the Earth as necessary. Notice the tall, jagged ridges of the Rocky Mountains.
Then, enclose small shapes for the islands of Iceland and the United Kingdom near Greenland, and a Caribbean island south of Florida.
Easy Cartoon Earth Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw zig-zag lines across western South America to form the Andes mountains, then begin drawing the continent of Africa. Use a long, curved line, leaving one side open to connect to the next continent.
Easy Cartoon Earth Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the visible portions of Europe and Asia, again erasing part of the circle to make way for jagged mountains.
Easy Cartoon Earth Drawing - Step 7
7. Enclose two large bodies of water, one between Africa and Asia and the other beside the Mediterranean Sea. Then, draw islands to the north of Europe, east of Africa, and Madagascar to the west of Africa.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Earth Picture - Step 8
8. Use a series of curved lines, erasing as necessary, to draw a big, fluffy cloud hovering over Europe. Then, draw curved "V" shaped lines in the Atlantic, Pacific, and Indian Oceans to texture the waves.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Earth Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to draw more clouds on the northwest, southwest, and southeast edges of the planet, erasing as necessary.
Color Your Cartoon Earth Drawing
Color your cartoon earth outline. A map or globe like the one usually employs blue for the water and brown and green for the land.
For more great easy drawing ideas tutorials, see the collection of Cute How to Draw Easy Ideas Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Earth Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).