Learn how to draw a great looking Sci-Fi Landscape with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Sci-Fi Landscape.
"A good science fiction story should be able to predict not the automobile but the traffic jam." - Frederik Pohl, American science fiction writer
If you're a fan of Star Wars, Star Trek, or other outer space-themed science fiction stories, you well know the dangers of landing on an alien world!
You can learn how to draw a sci-fi landscape to create your own cartoons or comics.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Science fiction is a relatively new genre that speculates on the effects of real and imagined technologies and discoveries.
Some ancient mythologies involved science fiction elements, such as voyages to the moon.
These themes, along with expanding mechanical technologies, were again explored during the 1600s through the 1800s.
Then, during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, science fiction became well-established by authors such as Mary Shelly, Jules Verne, and H.G. Wells.
Who are your favorite science fiction characters? You can learn how to draw them all, from Star Wars villains and droids to anime characters, Marvel and D.C. superheroes, and more. You can even create your own!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Sci-Fi Landscape
How to Draw a Great Looking Sci-Fi Landscape for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a crater and a crystal. Use curved lines to contour the crater, and for the crystals, draw several elongate hexagonal shapes.
Easy Sci-Fi Landscape Drawing - Step 2
2. Begin sketching the rocket ship. Use curved lines to enclose the oval-shaped fuselage and cockpit. Band the cockpit with curved lines, and enclose a half-circle shape on the side using a "U" shaped line. Contour the crystals with branching straight lines, and draw short curved lines at their base.
Easy Sci-Fi Landscape Drawing - Step 3
3. Complete the rocket ship. Draw triangular tail fins and landing gears. Draw a teardrop shape at the tip of each. Draw a curved line across the "U" shaped doorway, and several curved lines at the back of the fuselage to indicate the engine.
Easy Sci-Fi Landscape Drawing - Step 4
4. Next, draw a lifeform - is he alien or human? Draw a circle for the helmet-enclosed head, and use curved lines to enclose the irregular shapes of the backpack, shoulder, and hoses.
Draw a curved line across the helmet to form the visor, and another with a shaded circle at its top to indicate an antenna. Use a long curved line, doubled back upon itself, to enclose the stairs emerging from the doorway. Band the shape with curved lines.
Easy Sci-Fi Landscape Drawing - Step 5
5. Complete the astronaut's body, using curved lines to outline the torso, arms, and legs. Band the pack, wrist, and ankles with curved lines. Use long, overlapping curved lines to draw another rock formation.
Easy Sci-Fi Landscape Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue to draw irregularly shaped rock formations, contouring the surfaces with additional curved lines.
Easy Sci-Fi Landscape Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw another large crater, bubbling with space goo. Use overlapping curved lines to outline the roughly oval shape and to contour the rough rocky sides. Draw irregular oval shapes to indicate bubbles in the goo.
Add More Details to Your Sci-Fi Landscape Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a long curved line across the horizon, indicating the curvature of the planet or moon. Then, use curved lines to draw more craters and rock formations, and to contour the ground.
Complete the Outline of Your Sci-Fi Landscape Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a Saturn-like ringed planet rising. Draw an incomplete circle, and complete the rings using a pair of curved lines. Band the planet and the rings with additional curved lines.
Color Your Sci-Fi Landscape Drawing
Color your outer space cartoon.
For more great Landscape drawing tutorials, see the 31 Cute Landscape Designs post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Sci-Fi Landscape Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).