Learn how to draw a great looking Earth Day Card with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial, plus FREE printable pages. You can now easily create a beautiful Earth Day Card drawing.
“The Earth was small, light blue, and so touchingly alone, our home that must be defended like a holy relic." - Aleksei Leonov, cosmonaut
What is Earth Day? It is an annual celebration honoring the achievements of the environmental movement and raising awareness of the importance of long-term ecological sustainability."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In many countries, it is celebrated on April 22 each year; in others, it coincides with the vernal equinox, when night and day are of equal length.
The first Earth Day was held in the United States in 1970. It helped make people aware of the dangers facing our planet and motivate them to act. Since the 1990s, it has been celebrated globally.
What are these dangers? Pollution affects the air and water, affecting our health and contributing to climate change. Trees are being cut down faster than ever before.
Animals are losing their habitats and being hunted or fished to extinction. It's up to us to stop doing the things that are hurting our planet.
What can you do to celebrate Earth Day? Many people plant trees. As they grow, trees remove carbon dioxide from the air and lock it away in their cells.
This prevents the carbon dioxide from contributing to global warming.
You can also use this drawing guide to make posters, greeting cards, or t-shirts to let others know about Earth Day. Remember to recycle any paper that you use!
You don't have to reserve your affection for our amazing planet just for Earth Day. Use this Earth Day drawing guide to show that you support conservation, recycling, sustainability, and responsible living every day of the year!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Earth Day Card
How to Draw a Great Looking Earth Day Card for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a large circle to outline the shape of the planet Earth.
Easy Earth Day Card Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, begin to draw the cartoon girl. Use curved lines to outline the semicircle of her bangs, the irregular round shape of her face and head, her hairline, and her "C" shaped ear.
Easy Earth Day Card Drawing - Step 3
3. Detail the girl's hair. Draw a ponytail in the shape of an inverted teardrop. Enclose shape using a curved line to indicate the hair barrette. Then, texture the hair with curved lines.
Easy Earth Day Card Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the little girl's arms and torso. Use curved lines for the arms and sides of the shirt. Enclose a "Y" shape on her back to indicate the suspenders that hold up her overalls.
Easy Earth Day Card Drawing - Step 5
5. Outline the girls' pants. Use long curved lines to outline the legs. Draw another curved line perpendicular to the others at the point where the legs meet.
Easy Earth Day Card Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a wavy curved line to outline the irregular shape of the girl's hand. Also, enclose the shoes using curved lines.
Easy Earth Day Card Drawing - Step 7
7. Detail the girl's face. Use curved lines to sketch the eyebrow, closed eye, lashes, smiling mouth, and dimple at the corner of the mouth.
Add More Details to Your Earth Day Card Picture - Step 8
8. Give the Earth a smiling face, too. Use curved lines for the mouth, corner of the mouth, nose, and eyes. Shade small teardrop shapes for the eyebrows.
Complete the Outline of Your Earth Day Card Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the surface of the earth. Draw the boundaries between the oceans and the continents using wavy curved lines.
Color Your Earth Day Card Drawing
Color your Earth Day cartoon. The Earth is like a blue and green jewel, sometimes streaked with white clouds and brown sandy deserts.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!