Learn how to draw a great looking Goat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Goat.
You can get down on the farm with this goat drawing guide. In fact, you can even learn how to draw a farm here.
Goats are recognized by their spiral-shaped horns and a "beard" of fur under their chins.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Goats are similar to sheep. You can compare the two when you check out this easy, step-by-step sheep drawing.
Don’t stop at drawing just one goat - you need a whole herd or at least the Three Billy Goats Gruff. Or, allow this one to be the Greatest of All Time.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Goat
How to Draw a Great Looking Goat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the goat outline by drawing the eye. Draw a curved line for the cheek, and enclose the partial oval shape of the eye above it. Draw a circle inside the eye and shade around it.
Use another curved line for an eyebrow. Then, draw the goat’s nose. Use a “U” shaped line for the nose, and additional curved lines for the mouth and corners of the mouth.
Connect the nose and mouth with a short line. Learn more about how to draw a goat face.
Easy Goat Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the goat’s jaw and beard. Use curved lines, allowing the lines of the beard to meet at a sharp point. Texture the hair of the beard with curved lines.
Easy Goat Drawing - Step 3
3. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the front of the face, the top of the head, and the loosely teardrop-shaped ears.
Easy Goat Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the goat’s horns. For the first horn, extend a long curved line from the top of the head and double it back on itself to enclose a rounded triangle shape.
Use another curved line to enclose the partial oval shape of the remaining horn. Texture the horns with curved lines.
Easy Goat Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend a curved line from the ear to form the goat’s back and the top of its tail. Connect a short line to the first to form the shape of the tail.
Easy Goat Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a series of curved lines that meet at jagged points to draw the goat’s furry neck and chest.
Easy Goat Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a long curved line overlapping the base of the tail. Then, use a series of connected “U” shaped lines to connect this line to the goat’s chest.
Add More Details to Your Goat Picture - Step 8
8. Next, draw the goat’s front legs. For each leg, use curved lines to outline the sides. On one leg, connect the ends with a short line.
On the other, use two short lines with a “V” shaped line in the middle. This forms the split hoof. Band both legs with a line to indicate the hooves.
Complete the Outline of Your Goat Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the goat’s rear legs. Again, use curved lines to trace the outsides of the legs. Then, use two short lines and a “V” shaped line to enclose the bottom of the hoof.
Enclose the top of the hoof with a curved line across the bottom of the leg.
Color Your Goat Drawing
Your goat outline is now complete. Color your cute cartoon animal.
We’ve made our illustration white with brown horns. Goats can also be black, brown, cream, or some speckled or spotted combination of these colors.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Goat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).