Learn how to draw a great looking Kai from Ninjago with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Kai from Ninjago drawing.
"As long as there's something worth fighting for, there's always a need for a Ninja. And we'll be ready!"
― Kai, Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
Kai is a Ninja of Fire, and as such he is independent, impulsive, and has a quick temper. Formerly, he was a blacksmith and a weapons maker. He is one of six teenage Ninja trained by Sensei Wu in the art of Spinjitzu. Together, they fight the forces of evil in order to protect the land of Ninjago.
The Ninjago theme was released by Lego in 2011. Ninjago encompasses Lego playsets, an animated television series, a movie, and other merchandise.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw Kai from Ninjago? This easy, step-by-step Lego Minifigure drawing guide is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Kai from Ninjago
How to Draw a Great Looking Kai from Ninjago for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an inverted "U" shaped line to form the top of the head. Connect the ends of the "U" using a curved line. Double this line back upon itself on each end. Then, draw short, curved lines overlapping these ends. This forms the scarf or mask that covers Kai's face.
Easy Kai from Ninjago Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two curved, parallel lines across the top of the face, overlapping the edge of the figure. Connect them with wavy lines. This forms the band Kai wears just above his eyes.
Easy Kai from Ninjago Drawing - Step 3
3. Erase lines from behind the headband. Then, draw two curved lines connecting the headband to the scarf. This indicates Kai's face, peering out from behind his headwrap. Draw a small rectangle just below the headband.
Easy Kai from Ninjago Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend a pair of lines from beneath the head, and connect them on each end. Enclose three small rounded shapes on top of the object. Under the neck, draw a trapezoid using straight lines. This forms Kai's torso. Draw a straight line parallel to the bottom of the shape. Enclose a round shape in the middle of this rectangle, which is Kai's belt.
Extend two pairs of lines from it, and connect them on the ends, erasing as necessary. This is the knot of the belt. Draw lines across the knot, the belt, and the belt ends, indicating creases in the cloth.
Easy Kai from Ninjago Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw diagonal lines across the torso. Then, draw diagonal lines in the other direction, disappearing behind the previous lines. On one side of the chest, draw a small circle with an even smaller diamond inside.
Easy Kai from Ninjago Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose a narrow rectangle beneath the torso. Then, draw a vertical rectangle. This forms one of Kai's legs. Extend a short, straight line from the side of the leg.
Easy Kai from Ninjago Drawing - Step 7
7. Enclose a second rectangle, forming the remaining leg.
Add More Details to Your Kai from Ninjago Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to enclose the irregular shapes of Kai's arms. At the bottom of each arm, draw a crescent moon shape to form the hand. Connect each hand to its arm using two short lines. Beneath each leg, enclose a rectangle to form the foot. Then, band each leg with two straight lines. Draw diagonal lines between them.
Complete the Outline of Your Kai from Ninjago Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail Kai's face. Use curved lines for the eyebrows, and a small circle within a circle for each eye. On the headband, draw a small rectangle with circles above and below it. Then, draw the swords.
Use a series of curved lines to enclose two wavy, roughly rectangular shapes. Draw lines and "X" shapes across them to texture the sword handles. Use pairs of lines that meet at sharp points to draw the blades on the other side.
Color Your Kai from Ninjago Drawing
Color Kai. He typically wears red, yellow, and black clothing.
For more great Things to draw tutorials, see the 100 Easy and Fun Things to draw Ideas post.
Kai from Ninjago Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).