Learn how to draw a great looking Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Face drawing.
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, called TMNT or just Ninja Turtles for short, began as a comic book in 1984. The characters were a parody of others popular at the time, including Daredevil, New Mutants, and Ronin.
In the time since TMNT has spawned action figures, children's toys, apparel, breakfast cereal, and multiple movies, video games, and television series.
How did the Ninja Turtles come to be? The most common origin story is that the animals began to transform into a humanoid form after exposure to a glowing oose. They were trained by a mutant rat named Splinter, who acted as their adoptive father and sensei, or teacher.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw the face of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle? This easy, step-by-step superhero drawing guide is here to save the day. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Face
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Face Drawing - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a curved line. This will form the top of the Ninja Turtle's head.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a long, curved line to outline the cheeks and chin and to completely enclose the Ninja Turtle's face.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a curved line across the narrow portion of the face. This will form the Ninja Turtle's mask. Then, draw shorter curved lines on each end, forming the sides of the mask. For the top, begin with a curved line that has two large lumps. This will allow for the Ninja Turtle's eyes. Enclose the rest of the mask with a curved line. Then, draw a rounded shape at the side of the mask to indicate the knot where it is tied.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend two sets of curved lines from the knot, allowing each to meet at a point. These are the ends of the cloth mask. Indicate folds in the cloth by drawing short lines emerging from the knot.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase lines of the head from the outline of the mask.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two circles inside the mask. These are the Ninja Turtle's eyes.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a tiny circle within a small circle inside each of the eyes. Shade between them to form the pupils.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Face Drawing - Step 8
8. Draw a curved line to form the smiling mouth. Complete the smile with a short curved line on each side.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a wide "U" shaped line below the smile, enclosing the open portion of the mouth. Draw a curved line across it to indicate the tongue.
Complete Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Face Drawing
Color your Ninja Turtle face. You can determine which Ninja Turtle you've drawn based on the color of his mask. Leonardo wears a blue mask, Michelangelo an orange mask, Donatello a purple mask, and Raphael a red mask.
You can draw more superhero friends and foes when you check out our assortment of cartoon and comics character drawing guides.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).