Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Snail with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Snail.
Slow and steady wins the race - even if you draw at a snail's pace, you can take your time with this easy, step-by-step cartoon snail drawing guide.
The most prominent feature of the snail is its spiral-shaped shell. You will use a long, spiraling line to draw this round shape. You will use circles and curved lines to complete the rest of the portrait.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
If you enjoyed this drawing guide, don't stop there. Give your cartoon snail a home in this butterfly garden scene. You can add in a few more invertebrate friends like this friendly ladybug drawing or sketch these busy bees.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Snail
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Snail for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon snail outline by drawing the snail's head. First, draw two circles. These will become the snail's eyes. Draw a curved line across each circle. In the lower half of the circle, draw a pie chart or Pacman shape - a circle with a missing triangular slice.
What does a Pacman shape look like, exactly? Check out this Pacman pixel art.
Below each eye, extend two curved lines. These are the snail's eyestalks. Then, connect the stalks with an overlapping curved line, contouring the snail's face.
Easy Cartoon Snail Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue the line of the face. This line should be long and wavy, outlining the bottom of the sticky, slimy foot.
Easy Cartoon Snail Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw another wavy line roughly parallel to the foot, allowing the lines to meet at a point. Draw two curved lines across the face, forming the smiling mouth and the chin. Place a short curved line at the corner of the mouth.
Easy Cartoon Snail Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend the remaining side of the head with a long curved line. Double the line back on itself at the end to begin constructing the base of the shell. Connect the tip of the foot to the shell with a curved line.
Easy Cartoon Snail Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin the spiral shape of the snail shell by drawing a large "C" shaped line. Connect it to the snail's head with a short line.
Easy Cartoon Snail Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue the line of the shell to enclose the circle. Continue the line past the point of completion to begin the spiral pattern.
Easy Cartoon Snail Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue the spiral-shaped line.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Snail Picture - Step 8
8. Enclose partial circles all along the spiral line. Notice that the circles grow smaller near the inside of the spiral.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Snail Drawing - Step 9
9. Fill the snail shell with more circular spots.
Color your cartoon snail. We've given ours a green and yellow body with a tan and brown spotted snail.
Color Your Cartoon Snail Drawing
Throughout much of the world, garden snails are usually brown in color. But some snails - especially the ocean and marsh-dwelling snails - have vivid black-and-white patterns or unusually bright colors.
For more great cute & easy animals drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Cute & Easy Animals Step-by-Step Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Snail Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).