Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Soccer Ball with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Soccer Ball.
Are you the world's biggest soccer fan? Show your team spirit when you learn how to draw a cartoon soccer ball with the help of this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
The soccer ball is a unity of geometric shapes. The outside of the ball is a perfect circle. The casing or cover is made up of pentagons and hexagons.
Each pentagon is surrounded by five hexagons. When this pattern is repeated over and over, it covers the entire surface of the ball.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
As you draw the shapes, you won't always use straight lines, because you are viewing them as they curve around the ball. The pentagons are usually a darker color than the hexagons.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Soccer Ball
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Soccer Ball for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon soccer ball outline by drawing a pentagon. This is the first segment on the soccer ball’s surface.
Easy Cartoon Soccer Ball Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a hexagon, allowing it to share one side with the pentagon. This is the second segment of the soccer ball’s surface.
Easy Cartoon Soccer Ball Drawing - Step 3
3. Use two sides of the previous shapes to form another hexagon. Notice that this shape is flattened as it nears the curve at the edge of the ball. Extend a line from the pentagon to begin another segment on top of the existing shapes.
Easy Cartoon Soccer Ball Drawing - Step 4
4. Use three slightly curved lines to complete the hexagon. Then, enclose a partial pentagon at the bottom of the shape. Notice how two “sides” blend together in a curved line.
At this point, your image should look a bit like this honeycomb drawing. Soccer balls and honeycombs both use hexagon shapes.
Easy Cartoon Soccer Ball Drawing - Step 5
5. Complete another pentagon, using two sides from existing shapes. Then, use a curved line to indicate a hexagon that bends around the side of the ball.
Easy Cartoon Soccer Ball Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to enclose flattened shapes at the bottom of the ball. This also forms the outline of the ball itself.
Easy Cartoon Soccer Ball Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue the circular outline of the ball. Enclose flattened hexagon shapes.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Soccer Ball Picture - Step 8
8. Continue the circular outline of the ball at the top, enclosing partial hexagon shapes in the process.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Soccer Ball Drawing - Step 9
9. Finish enclosing the circular shape of the ball. Enclose the rounded hexagons and the triangles that are the corners of the next shapes in the line.
Color Your Cartoon Soccer Ball Drawing
Your cartoon soccer ball outline is now complete. Most soccer balls are black and white in color, but they can also be made in team colors or neon shades. Remember, the pentagons are the black shapes, and the hexagons are white.
Speaking of shading, give attention to the gray shading in our example that gives the ball a three-dimensional appearance.
For more great easy things drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Easy Things for Kids.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Soccer Ball Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).