Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Football with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Football.
Hut, hut, hike! You can learn how to draw a cartoon football with the help of this easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial.
Footballs are shaped like pointed ovals. They have stripes across each end and small rectangles making up the stitching.
This means they are very easy to draw. Just add the blue highlighted lines to your drawing when you see them in each step.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
How can you use your football drawing? You could make decorations for your school football team or a Super Bowl party. In addition to football, you can learn how to draw a football helmet and how to draw a football player. Color them to match your favorite team!
What color should you make your football? The earliest footballs were made out of leather - they were naturally brown. Most footballs today, though made from other materials, are brown in the same tradition, but they can be almost any color you can dream up.
Get your head in the game! It's time to score big in your sketchbook's endzone.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Football
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Football for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon football outline by drawing two straight, parallel lines and connecting them at each end. This begins the stitching on the surface of the football.
Easy Cartoon Football Drawing - Step 2
2. Begin drawing curved shapes across the parallel lines, erasing as necessary. These are the individual stitches.
Easy Cartoon Football Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue drawing stitches, erasing as necessary. Each stitch should be a curved, rectangular shape.
Easy Cartoon Football Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue drawing additional stitches until you’ve reached the end of the parallel lines.
Easy Cartoon Football Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a gently curved line from each end of the stitching to the end of the ball. This continues the seam of the football.
Easy Cartoon Football Drawing - Step 6
6. Connect the two lines, enclosing a partial circle shape. This is the outline of the football.
Easy Cartoon Football Drawing - Step 7
7. Connect the lines on the opposite side, again enclosing a partial circle shape. You have now fully outlined the football. It should be a pointed oval shape.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Football Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a pair of curved lines across the pointed end of the football to form a stripe.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Football Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a pair of curved lines across the opposite end of the football, enclosing the remaining stripe.
Color Your Cartoon Football Drawing
Your cartoon football outline is now complete. Color your football. Most footballs are brown with white stripes and stitching, but they can also be team colors or neon colors. What colors represent your favorite American football team?
For more great easy things drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Easy Things for Beginners.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Football Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).