Learn how to draw a great looking Soccer Ball with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Soccer Ball.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Would you like to learn how to draw a soccer ball? It's easy with the help of this cartoon drawing tutorial. Let's play!
Soccer or football is considered the world's most popular ball game. "Folk football" had been played in Europe since medieval times, but the modern game was developed in Britain during the 1800s.
The soccer ball or association football ball (not to be confused with an American football) originated as stuffed animal bladders or stomachs. These fell apart with use and were eventually replaced with leather and rubber.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Standard soccer balls have a diameter of 8.66 inches (22 cm) and weigh about one poun
How many panels does a soccer ball have? The 32-panel ball was developed in 1962. In recent years, 24- and 42-panel balls have also been used.
Some have exteriors different from the classic pentagon and hexagon pattern, perhaps resembling a volleyball.
How good are your drawing skills? Improve them today, and you might even win a trophy!
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Hockey Sticks, Golf Ball, and Tennis Racket and Ball.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Soccer Ball
How to Draw a Great Looking Soccer Ball for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by outlining the ball with a large circle.
Easy Soccer Ball Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another, slightly smaller circle within the first. Notice how it is closer to one side of the ball than the other. This line will serve as a guide for placing the ball's panels.
Easy Soccer Ball Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the first panel, erasing the guide line as necessary. Use curved lines to craft a pentagon along the side of the ball. Two of the points of the pentagon should lie along the guide line.
Easy Soccer Ball Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a second curved pentagon along the guide line. Notice that a space is left between the first and second pentagons, allowing the space between to indicate another plate.
Easy Soccer Ball Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a third pentagon along the guide line, erasing as necessary.
Easy Soccer Ball Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another curved pentagon along the guide line, erasing as necessary.
Easy Soccer Ball Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the final pentagon along the edge of the ball, erasing the guide line as necessary.
Add More Details to Your Soccer Ball Picture - Step 8
8. Use slightly curved lines to draw a pentagon shape in the middle of the soccer ball. Notice that it is aligned so that its points face the five pentagons along the edge of the ball.
Complete the Outline of Your Soccer Ball Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a line from each point of the central pentagon to the points of the shapes along the edges. This completes the outlines of the remaining hexagonal plates.
Color Your Soccer Ball Drawing
Color your soccer ball. Most are black and white, but some come in bright colors or are printed to match team colors.
For more great Really Easy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy Really Easy Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Soccer Ball Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).