Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Sunflower with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Sunflower.
Nothing says summer fun like bright flowers and smiles. You can capture both in this easy, step-by-step cartoon sunflower drawing.
Sunflowers are asters, like the one in this daisy flower drawing. They have rounded centers and teardrop-shaped petals. They grow on long, curved stems with teardrop-shaped leaves.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
But this sunflower has something special - it is a drawing of a flower with a face! This cute personification turns an ordinary plant into a friendly cartoon character.
The best part is, you don't need a garden or even a flower pot - all you need is a pencil or marker and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Sunflower
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Sunflower for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon sunflower outline by drawing a circle. This will become the center of the flower. Inside the circle, draw two curved lines. These will be the cheeks of the smiling face. Enclose an oval shape above each to form the eyes. Shade another oval within each eye to indicate the pupils.
Easy Cartoon Sunflower Drawing - Step 2
2. Finish drawing the eyes. Shade a small teardrop shape above each eye to suggest the eyebrows. Use curved lines to draw the smiling mouth and the dimples at its corners.
Easy Cartoon Sunflower Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to enclose the teeth, the "U" shaped open mouth, and the tongue below the top of the smile. Draw a small oval of blush on each cheek. Then, begin sketching the petals. Extend a curved line from the center of the flower to begin the teardrop shape.
Easy Cartoon Sunflower Drawing - Step 4
4. Use another curved line to complete the first teardrop shape. Then, continue drawing teardrop-shaped petals along the exterior of the flower center.
Easy Cartoon Sunflower Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw more teardrop-shaped petals until they encircle the entire flower. Then, draw more petals behind the existing petals. Extend two curved lines, one from each petal, and allow them to meet at a sharp point.
Easy Cartoon Sunflower Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue drawing pointed petals between each of the existing petals.
Easy Cartoon Sunflower Drawing - Step 7
7. Finish drawing petals visible between each pair of petals. Then, draw the stem. Extend parallel curved lines from the bottom of the flower. Extend another curved line from the stem. This will become the vein of a leaf.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Sunflower Picture - Step 8
8. Draw another leaf vein - a curved line - extending from the opposite side of the stem. Then, enclose a teardrop-shaped leaf around each leaf vein.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Sunflower Drawing - Step 9
9. Texture the petals with short curved lines.
Color Your Cartoon Sunflower Drawing
Your cartoon sunflower outline is now complete. Color your flower. Sunflowers are usually yellow with brown centers. Some have red, orange, green, or white petals.
Now that you've mastered the cartoon sunflower, you can try sketching a realistic sunflower drawing.
For more great flower drawing tutorials, see the collection of Beginner Flower Drawing Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Sunflower Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).