Learn how to draw a great looking Flower Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Flower Face.
Have you ever worn a flower crown? Learn how to draw a flower face so you can draw a woman wearing a delicate crown.
Everyone has a favorite flower. They're so diverse that it's impossible to name them all. In fact, hundreds of flowers in the wilderness might not have been discovered yet.
Since flowers are light and dainty, artists often include them in feminine drawings. This cartoon drawing combines a pretty female face with bright flowers and leaves.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Fresh and calming, this line art is perfect for spring.
Sketch your cartoon flower face with a pencil before you outline the drawing, then use your favorite coloring tools.
Afterward, you could hang up this drawing next to a flower vase or bouquet. Try drawing other flowers afterward, like dogwood flowers.
See also, Step-by-Step Tutorial for Drawing a Tulip.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Flower Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Flower Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw two curves to make an oval that's not connected at the ends. Sketch a smaller curve inside this shape, then sketch the eyelashes with sweeping triangles.
Easy Flower Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a vertical hook shape for the nose with a smaller hook to the right. For the mouth, start with a flattened M like birds seen from a distance. Sketch a larger M on top and a curve underneath to outline the lips.
Easy Flower Face Drawing - Step 3
3. To outline the face, start with a vertical line that curves downward, then add a curve for the chin and bring the line upward. Add a curve on the right and between the nose and mouth. Draw a circle near the top of the head, then add wavy lines like scalloped edges.
Easy Flower Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Repeat the previous step for the rest of the flower petals. Use loose, uneven hill shapes. Sketch dashes inside two of the petals.
This drawing should resemble cartoon flowers.
Easy Flower Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch dashes inside the rest of the petals. On the left, use wavy lines to draw a circle and large teardrop shapes that overlap each other. Draw lines inside the first two shapes.
Easy Flower Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Repeat an earlier step to draw cartoon petals behind the leaves.
Easy Flower Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Add dashes to the petals. On the right, use a similar process with varying hill shapes. Draw a rounded triangle for the leaf.
Add More Details to Your Flower Face Picture - Step 8
8. Sketch large rounded triangles that resemble flames. Draw a line inside the largest leaf, then add more petals to the right.
Complete the Outline of Your Flower Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw more curves and triangles near the neck, including a banana shape. Sketch another curve on the left side of the head and ovals around the line art.
Color Your Flower Face Drawing
Finally, outline your cartoon flower face with black ink. To keep it simple, use reddish-pink for the lips and petals, green for the leaves and lilac for the ovals and eyeshadow. Shade your drawing for an extra challenge.
For more fun flower drawing tutorials, see the collection of Mother's Day Card Drawing Ideas.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Flower Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).