Learn how to draw a great looking Cheetah Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Cheetah Face.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
How fast can you draw? Are you quick enough to capture the fastest land animal on the planet? Test your skills with this cheetah face drawing.
Cheetahs are one of Africa's big cats, and they are famous for their speed. Cheetahs have been clocked at 71 miles per hour - faster than the maximum speed limit for cars in many countries!
Cheetahs use their speed to capture prey. Their spots afford them camouflage, helping them blend into the tall grass.
In the past, cheetahs were even trained by royalty to assist with sport hunting! Artwork from about 5,000 years ago pictures a cheetah wearing a leash and a hood. Cheetahs often rode on horseback with their masters.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Cheetahs are sometimes confused with other spotted big cats, such as the leopard and jaguar. Cheetahs are smaller and have solid spots rather than rosettes.
Today, cheetahs are best left to live in the wild. Because they are endangered, many zoos also keep cheetahs in hopes of increasing their population.
If you enjoy this cheetah face outline, try your hand at this sprinting cheetah cartoon.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Cartoon Tiger, Hyena, and Lioness.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cheetah Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Cheetah Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cheetah face outline by drawing the cheetah's cat eyes. Use two curved lines for each eye, noting the overlap of the lines at the pointed corners. Then, shade a large circle within each eye to indicate the pupils.
Easy Cheetah Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend a curved line from the inner corner of each eye, outlining the sides of the nose. Then, draw the nose itself. First, draw a rounded "V" shaped line, and allow the tips of the line to curve downward. This outlines the tip of the nose and the nostrils.
Extend a curved line from one side of the "V" and use it to enclose the nose before connecting to the "V" on the opposite side.
Easy Cheetah Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw an inverted "Y" shaped line below the nose, forming the mouth. Then, draw the sides of the snout, using overlapping curved lines to give the face a furry appearance.
Easy Cheetah Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw short, furry lines just above the nose. Extend long curved lines from both sides of the muzzle, forming the whiskers. Then, draw a series of short, connected curved lines below the mouth to indicate the lower jaw.
Easy Cheetah Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Outline the sides of the cheetah's face. Use long curved lines for the cheeks, topped with jagged overlapping lines to give the sides of the head a furry appearance. Draw a series of jagged lines below each eye.
Easy Cheetah Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the ears. Use a large "C" shaped line for each ear. Connect it to the side of the head with a series of jagged lines. Detail inside each ear with a curved line.
Easy Cheetah Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the top of the cheetah's head. Use curved lines that meet at a few jagged tufts in the middle.
Contour the forehead with a thick, jagged line. Then, use curved lines that meet at points to add a furry texture to the bottom of each ear.
Add More Details to Your Cheetah Face Picture - Step 8
8. Contour around the eyes, drawing short jagged lines. Then, shade around the eyes, the sides of the nose, and the snout. This begins to give the cheetah its characteristic coloration.
Did you know? The dark fur around the cheetah's eye serves the same purpose as the face paint some athletes use on their cheeks - it reduces glare from the sun.
Complete the Outline of Your Cheetah Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your cheetah face outline by drawing the spots on the cheeks and forehead. Notice that the spots are not perfectly round.
Color Your Cheetah Face Drawing
Color your cartoon cheetah face. We've used two sandy colors ranging from beige to tan.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cheetah Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).