Learn how to draw a great looking Corn Dog with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Corn Dog drawing.
The corn dog, also spelled corndog or corn-dog, originated in the United States. German sausage makers, immigrants to Texas, are credited with the invention, for which a patent was awarded in 1929.
Legend has it that not everyone in their new land liked the sausages they prepared, so they discovered a new way to market it!
The corn dog patent reads, in part: "I have discovered that articles of food... when impaled on sticks and dipped in batter.. and then deep fried...the resultant food product on a stick for a handle is a clean, wholesome and tasty refreshment."
Soon, "Krusty Korn Dog" machines could be found across the country.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Today, various types of corn dogs are enjoyed around the world. Some are filled with cheese, wrapped in French fries, or made from breakfast sausage wrapped in maple-flavored pancakes.
Would you like to draw a tasty cartoon corn dog? All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper. Then, follow the simple step-by-step instructions of this cartoon food drawing tutorial.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Corn Dog
How to Draw a Great Looking Corn Dog for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a long curved line and doubling it back upon itself to form an incomplete teardrop shape. Note that it does not meet at a point. In its place, draw a "U" shaped lines overlapping the ends of the previous line. This forms the basic shape of the corn dog.
Easy Corn Dog Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend a curved line from the base of the corn dog and double it back upon itself to form the stick. Then, begin drawing the condiment on top. Begin with a spiral line.
Easy Corn Dog Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue drawing your favorite sauce, using a long wavy line.
Easy Corn Dog Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another long wavy line roughly parallel to the first.
Easy Corn Dog Drawing - Step 5
5. Complete the sauce by drawing a "U" shaped line to connect the two previous lines. One good corn dog deserves another - begin drawing a second corn dog. Use a long curved line to outline the food.
Easy Corn Dog Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a "U" shaped line overlapping the two ends of the previous line. Then, extend a long line and double it back upon itself to form the stick.
Easy Corn Dog Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw sauce on the top of this corn dog as well. Begin with a spiral line, then extend one end in a wave.
Add More Details to Your Corn Dog Picture - Step 8
8. Draw another curved line parallel to the previous line. Connect them at the end.
Complete the Outline of Your Corn Dog Drawing - Step 9
9. This corn dog already has a bite taken out of it! Draw a curved line across the end of the corn dog, and a circle below it, revealing a cross-section of the hot dog inside.
Color Your Corn Dog Drawing
Color your cartoon corn dog. What do you like on yours, mustard or ketchup? In our illustration, we've used red and yellow to shade one of each!
For more great Food drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy Food Art Projects for Kids post.
Corn Dog Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).