Learn how to draw a great looking Cotton Candy with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Cotton Candy.
Cotton candy, also called candy floss or fairy floss is a favorite at fairs, carnivals, festivals, and circuses around the world. It is so named because of its resemblance to the seed-encasing cotton fibers. Cotton candy consists of spun sugar, flavoring, and food coloring.
Hot, liquefied sugar is forced through small holes in the spinning machine, allowing it to solidify into minute strands.
Spun sugar is thought to have been made in Europe as early as the fifteenth century in Italy. It was not readily available, however, as sugar was an expensive commodity.
Modern cotton candy was, ironically, invented by a dentist in 1897, and popularized in 1904 at the World's Fair in St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A.
Spun sugar treats similar to cotton candy are found throughout the world - pashmak in Iran, pismaniye in Turkey, Sohan papdi in India, kkul-tarae in Korea, and dragon's beard in China.
Cotton candy themed toys are also a part of the popular Shopkins line of collectibles, including Candi Cotton and Sandy Cotton Candy. These toys have faces similar to the candy in our drawing guide.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw some cotton candy? This easy, step-by-step cartoon food drawing tutorial is here to help. All you will need is a pen, pencil, marker, or crayon and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Cotton Candy
How to Draw a Great Looking Cotton Candy for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a series of connected, curved lines. This begins the cloudlike outline of the cotton candy.
Easy Cotton Candy Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue to draw connected, "U" shaped lines to create a round shape.
Easy Cotton Candy Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue to draw overlapping curved lines to completely enclose the figure.
Easy Cotton Candy Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend two straight lines from beneath the cotton candy, allowing them to meet at a point. This forms the stick or cone that holds the cotton candy for easy and mess-free eating.
Easy Cotton Candy Drawing - Step 5
5. Band the cone with curved lines.
Easy Cotton Candy Drawing - Step 6
6. Give the cotton candy a friendly face. First, draw two curved lines to form the eyebrows.
Easy Cotton Candy Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw two circles to form the large eyes. Within each circle, draw two small circles and shade around them.
Add More Details to Your Cotton Candy Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the open, smiling mouth using a straight line and a "U" shaped line. Within the mouth, use overlapping curved lines to indicate the tongue.
Complete the Outline of Your Cotton Candy Drawing - Step 9
9. Texture the cotton candy by drawing many small circles.
Color Your Cotton Candy Drawing
Color your cotton candy. It is often pink or blue in color.
You can play with your food with the help of our drawing guides. You'll find fruits, vegetables, tacos, and more, all sporting friendly faces.
For more great Really Easy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy Really Easy Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cotton Candy Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).