Learn how to draw a great looking Cucumber with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cucumber.
Need more veggies on your plate? What about your sketchbook? This easy, step-by-step cucumber drawing is here to help.
Not only will you draw the entire cucumber fruit, but round slices as well. You will be using a lot of circles, ovals, and lines to draw your cucumber. You will also use teardrop shapes for the seeds.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
What can you do with your cucumber drawing? You can expand your skills by learning how to draw an entire salad. You can put them inside a mason jar to make pickles. Or, you can add them to a hamburger drawing or a sandwich.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cucumber
How to Draw a Great Looking Cucumber for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. Then, draw a curved line along one side, forming a narrow crescent shape. This is the sliced end of a cucumber.
Easy Cucumber Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw teardrop shapes and "U" shaped lines in the middle of the slice. These are the cucumber seeds. Texture the edges with short curved lines.
Easy Cucumber Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw another round slice underneath the first. Enclose an oval shape around the bottom of the first slice. Then, draw a curved line from one side of the oval to the other. This gives the slice a three-dimensional appearance.
Easy Cucumber Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw teardrop-shaped seeds and "U" shaped lines in the center of the second slice. Then, draw a third slice. Enclose a partial oval alongside the second slice. Then, draw a curved line from one side of the oval to the bottom of the second slice. This forms the three-dimensional side of the slice.
Easy Cucumber Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw half of the sliced cucumber in the background. Enclose a partial oval behind the first and second slices. Then, extend a curved line from the side of the oval and double it back upon itself to outline the rest of the fruit.
Easy Cucumber Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw teardrop-shaped seeds and "V" shaped lines on the cut end of the cucumber. Texture the cucumber's skin with curved lines.
Easy Cucumber Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a long curved line, beginning the whole cucumber outline. Use a short line to enclose a small, round shape on one end. This is the naval or stem where the fruit was attached to the vine.
Add More Details to Your Cucumber Picture - Step 8
8. Draw an oval at the end of the line, indicating a cut end. Then, complete the cucumber outline with a straight line.
Complete the Outline of Your Cucumber Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw teardrop-shaped seeds and "V" shaped lines on the cut end of the cucumber. Texture the edges of the cut end with short, wavy lines, and the skin of the fruit with long lines.
Your cucumber outline is complete.
Color Your Cucumber Drawing
Color your realistic cartoon cucumber. The skin is dark green, and the flesh is light green in color.
For more great bug drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy How to Draw Plants Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cucumber Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).