Learn how to draw a great looking Dead Flower with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Dead Flower.
You can use art to express your emotions. What does this dead flower drawing communicate? Find out when you follow this easy, step-by-step flower drawing.
Dead flowers represent "fragility and the swift passage from life into death."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You will begin by drawing a flower pot, a series of curved rectangle shapes. There is a daisy flower drawing inside it, but the parallel lines of its stem don't stand up straight - instead, they flow over the side of the pot so that the bloom touches the ground.
You can add another wilted flower to your collection when you learn how to draw a dead rose.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Dead Flower
How to Draw a Great Looking Dead Flower for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing two horizontal curved lines and connecting them with straight lines on each end. This blunted oval shape is the top or rim of the flower pot.
Easy Dead Flower Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a straight line downward from each side. Connect them on the bottom with a curved line, completing the side of the flower pot.
Easy Dead Flower Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a curved line to form the opening at the top of the pot. Within the opening, draw a wavy line to indicate the dirt. Texture the dirt with curved lines and small ovals.
Easy Dead Flower Drawing - Step 4
4. From the textured area in the center of the dirt, extend a long curved line. This is the stem hanging over the side of the pot.
Easy Dead Flower Drawing - Step 5
5. Enclose a leaf around the end of the long line. Use two curved lines that meet at a point.
Easy Dead Flower Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another long, curved line parallel to the first, but extending past the leaf. Erase previous lines from within the stem. Then, draw a short curved line parallel to the stem of the leaf.
Easy Dead Flower Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend a curved line from the side of the leaf to the tip of the stem. Allow the lines to meet at a point. Then, draw a circle at the end of the stem. This is the center of the flower.
Add More Details to Your Dead Flower Picture - Step 8
8. Begin drawing "U" shaped petals around the center of the flower.
Complete the Outline of Your Dead Flower Drawing - Step 9
9. Continue to draw the "U" shaped petals. When you get to the final petal, do not attach it to the flower's center. Instead, draw a small zig-zag line to connect the arms of the "U." Texture the disconnected petal with a short curved line.
Color Your Dead Flower Drawing
Your dead flower outline is now complete. Color the flower pot reddish-brown terra cotta or paint it any color you'd like. Color the green stem and the white, yellow, or orange flower.
For more great flower drawing tutorials, see the collection of Beginner Flower Drawing Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Dead Flower Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).