Learn how to draw a great looking Face Mask with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Face Mask.
Today, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends wearing face masks to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus and other airborne diseases.
Face masks are also called face coverings, surgical masks, and personal protection equipment (PPE).
Doctors began utilizing surgical masks as early as the late 1880s.
Cloth face coverings were encouraged during the Influenza Pandemic of 1918. And in many countries, face masks have been common during the annual flu season for decades.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
How does a face mask work? When you breathe, talk, eat, sneeze, shout, or sing, tiny droplets of water leave your nose and mouth.
Germs hitch a ride on these water droplets.
If someone breathes them in, or if they land on a surface that someone later touches, that person can get sick.
A cloth face covering, however, catches many of these droplets as they leave your mouth and nose, preventing the germs from reaching other people.
So, when you wear a mask, you're not just protecting yourself - you are generously shielding others from the germs you may carry, even if you don't feel sick.
Make sure your mask covers both your mouth and your nose - it can't protect you if it's dangling from one ear or covering your chin!
Would you like to draw a cartoon face mask? This easy, step-by-step mask drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper. You'll also want to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Face Mask
How to Draw a Great Looking Face Mask for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by outlining the side and bottom of the face mask. Draw a slightly curved line for the side, and a long curved line for the bottom.
Easy Face Mask Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the top and remaining side of the mask using curved lines. The top and sides of the mask should meet at sharp points.
Easy Face Mask Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a straight line parallel to the near side of the mask, and a curved line roughly parallel to the bottom of the mask. This forms the hem or edging.
Easy Face Mask Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw curved lines parallel to the top and remaining side of the mask, completing the outline of the hem or edging.
Easy Face Mask Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two long, "C" shaped parallel lines on one side of the mask. It should attach to the top and bottom corners of the mask.
Easy Face Mask Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a smaller set of parallel "C" shaped lines on the opposite side. One end should attach to the corner, the other to the top of the mask.
Easy Face Mask Drawing - Step 7
7. Contour the mask with a curved line across the front. Next, decorate your mask with a cute chibi cat cartoon. Outline the head with an oval. Use short curved lines to form triangular shaped ears.
Add More Details to Your Face Mask Picture - Step 8
8. Complete the cat's ears. Draw a curved line parallel to each of the sides of the triangle. Draw a "V" shaped line at the top of each ear. Then, connect the tips of the "V" to the sides of the ears. Draw the nose using a small, upside-down curved triangle. Below it, draw a curved "W" for the mouth.
Complete the Outline of Your Face Mask Drawing - Step 9
9. Outline a teardrop shape for each of the cat's eyes. Draw a large circle inside each teardrop to form the pupils. Enclose a circle and half circle inside it. Then, draw the eyebrows and whiskers using short curved lines.
Color Your Face Mask Drawing
Color your cartoon face mask. Stay safe out there, and don't forget to wash your hands!
For more great Drawing Ideas tutorials, see the 100 Easy and Fun Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Face Mask Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).