Learn how to draw a great looking Fancy Heart with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Fancy Heart.
Learning how to draw a fancy heart helps you get ready for Valentine's Day or make a gift for a loved one.
This cartoon fancy heart adds flair and style to the traditional heart design. Have fun with this drawing, and don't worry about making it look perfect--this image is supposed to look free and expressive.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Start with a pencil so you can erase mistakes, then outline your fancy heart and use your favorite coloring tools to fill it in.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Fancy Heart
How to Draw a Great Looking Fancy Heart for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with two loops to make a loose heart on the right. Bring the second loop downward, then sweep the curve in the opposite direction. Add a parallel line to this curve, and draw a circle at the end.
Easy Fancy Heart Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw parallel lines on top of the heart shape, then sketch a circle at the end. Make a deep V-shape to the right.
Draw a loop that curves in the opposite direction, and bring the line upward so it's parallel with the rest of the shape.
Easy Fancy Heart Drawing - Step 3
3. Use loops and hill shapes to sketch loose, curvy lines that resemble leaves. Don't worry too much about making them perfect.
Easy Fancy Heart Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch a high, sweeping curve that extends from the top of the shape you just drew. Make a small loop, then bring the line upward again. Take the line in the opposite direction so it makes a V-shape turned on its side.
Draw another loop, then make a final curved line that connects the entire shape.
Easy Fancy Heart Drawing - Step 5
5. To the left, make a loop with a curved triangle on the top and a wavy, curved triangle on the bottom. The second triangle should be longer than the first.
Easy Fancy Heart Drawing - Step 6
6. Sketch three loops to the left of the shape that you just drew. Next, make a much bigger loop and carry the line down to finalize the shape.
Easy Fancy Heart Drawing - Step 7
7. Sketch three loops to the left of the shape that you just drew. Next, make a much bigger loop and carry the line down to finalize the shape.
Add More Details to Your Fancy Heart Picture - Step 8
8. Sketch a long curve that almost connects to the design on the right. On top of this line, use more curves and points to draw flame shapes.
Complete the Outline of Your Fancy Heart Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the design with one final loop, then draw a small heart and circles around the drawing.
Color Your Fancy Heart Drawing
Outline your entire fancy heart with a black pen or marker.
Now that you've completed your cartoon fancy heart, color the outline with red and use a lighter shade for the highlights. This gives your cartoon fancy heart more dimension so it doesn't look flat on the page.
For more great Heart drawing tutorials, see the 36 Easy Heart Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Fancy Heart Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).