Learn how to draw a great looking Barbed Wire Heart with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Barbed Wire Heart.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
How do you tell a country girl you love her? You might try on this barbed wire heart drawing guide for size.
What does a barbed wire heart mean? Often, it is associated with rustic or rural farm life. On the farm, for example, your significant other might make you a heart of barbed wire simply because it is an available resource.
It is also used in home décor to indicate a love for the rustic lifestyle.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Barbed wire hearts can have another meaning as well. Some people may feel trapped in a bad relationship, or they may feel that their significant other is as sharp and prickly as barbed wire.
Other people use it to state that they "will remain in love regardless of the challenges he or she faces in a relationship."
The barbs, in this case, represent challenges like health issues, financial problems, or other external stressors.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Rose and Heart, Heart Pixel Art, and Jar of Love.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Barbed Wire Heart
How to Draw a Great Looking Barbed Wire Heart for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the barbed wire heart outline by drawing a link of barbed wire. Start with a barb. For each barb, draw three overlapping ovals. Then, draw a narrow curved triangle extending at an angle from each end.
Once you've drawn two barbs, connect them with two overlapping pieces of wire. For each wire, use two parallel curve lines that are roughly "S" shaped.
Easy Barbed Wire Heart Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another barb, again using ovals and narrow triangles. Draw a length of wire between it and the existing barb, and another length of wire extending on the opposite side.
Easy Barbed Wire Heart Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw another barb at the end of the length of the wire. Complete the wire between the new barb and the existing barb. Begin drawing another barb near the heart's point. Extend parallel curved lines between it and the previous barb.
Easy Barbed Wire Heart Drawing - Step 4
4. Finish the previous barb and draw another barb to complete the point of the heart. Use curved lines to draw a length of wire between them. Then, extend a curved line from the final barb at a different angle, beginning the remaining side of the heart. Remember, the wire itself must form the heart shape.
Easy Barbed Wire Heart Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw another barb at the end of the curved line. Draw additional curved lines between it and the previous barb to complete the length of the wire. Then, extend curved lines on the opposite side of the barb to create an additional wire.
Easy Barbed Wire Heart Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another barb at the end of the wire. Use curved lines to complete the existing length of wire, and extend more wire beyond the barb.
Easy Barbed Wire Heart Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw another barb near the end of the wire from the previous step. Use curved lines to complete that length of wire and to draw another length of wire on the opposite side of the barb.
Add More Details to Your Barbed Wire Heart Picture - Step 8
8. Draw two more barbs. Use curved lines to create a length of wire between them. Your heart outline is almost complete.
Complete the Outline of Your Barbed Wire Heart Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the barbed wire heart outline by creating a looped length of wire. Notice how the wires are doubled back upon themselves to form the point of the heart.
Color Your Barbed Wire Heart Drawing
Color your cartoon barbed wire heart. When it is new, barbed wire is metallic gray or silver in color. It soon rusts, however, and takes on a red or brown coloration.
For more great Heart drawing tutorials, see the 36 Step-by-Step Heart Drawing Guides post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Barbed Wire Heart Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).