Learn how to draw a great looking Heart with Wings with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Heart with Wings.
Would you like to learn how to draw a heart with wings? This easy cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
The heart with wings outline is a popular tattoo design. It usually symbolizes love. Sometimes, it is used in memory of a loved one who has died.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
It may be used in memorium on vehicle decals, jewelry, or t-shirts as well. The wings are meant to be those of an angel, representing the belief that the deceased lives on in heaven.
Winged hearts have other meanings as well. It is a "symbol of the Sufis, which is a mystic branch of Islam... chosen by the founder of the Sufi Order, Hazrat Inayat Khan."
Practice your drawing skills by mastering this winged heart cartoon.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Heart with Wings
How to Draw a Great Looking Heart with Wings for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the heart with wings outline by drawing a heart shape. Position it low enough on your paper so that you have room to draw the wings above it.
Then, extend a curved line upward from one lobe of the heart. This is the top of the wing. Then, double it back upon itself to form the wing’s first feather.
Easy Heart with Wings Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a series of “U” shaped lines to draw additional feathers, completing the outline of the wing. Draw “U” shaped lines in the middle of the wing to give it a feathery texture.
Easy Heart with Wings Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw another series of “U” shaped lines along the edge of the wing.
Easy Heart with Wings Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw even more “U” shaped lines, creating long feathers along the edge of the wing.
Easy Heart with Wings Drawing - Step 5
5. Finish the row of feathers by drawing large “U” shaped lines until they meet the side of the heart.
Easy Heart with Wings Drawing - Step 6
6. Begin drawing the wing on the opposite side. It should be a mirror image of the first.
Extend a long curved line above the remaining lobe of the heart. Double it back upon itself at the end to form the first feather. Then, draw “U” shaped lines between it and the heart.
Easy Heart with Wings Drawing - Step 7
7. Texture the wing with “U” shaped lines, and draw additional “U” shaped feathers along its edge.
Add More Details to Your Heart with Wings Picture - Step 8
8. Draw more “U” shaped lines along the edge of the wing.
Complete the Outline of Your Heart with Wings Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the heart with wings outline by drawing the last of the “U” shaped feathers.
Color Your Heart with Wings Drawing
For more great Heart drawing tutorials, see the 36 Best Heart Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Heart with Wings Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).