Learn how to draw a great looking Heart Balloon with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Heart Balloon.
Would you like to learn how to draw a heart balloon? You're in luck, as we have just the right drawing guide for you.
Sometimes, balloons come in fun shapes. Heart-shaped balloons in particular are often given to someone you love.
You might give balloons to someone when you go on a date, on Valentine's Day, when a baby is born, or when they achieve something they have been striving for.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Later, gas-filled flying balloons were first used in the 1790s. Scientist Michael Faraday invented the modern rubber balloon in 1824.
Drawing tip: Use this balloon heart outline to make a sweet card for someone.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Heart Balloon
How to Draw a Great Looking Heart Balloon for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the heart balloon outline by drawing one side of the heart. Use a long curved line.
Easy Heart Balloon Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the opposite side of the heart, again using a long curve line. Notice that the lines do not fully meet at the bottom point of the heart.
Easy Heart Balloon Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw two small overlapping ovals at the bottom point of the heart. This is the knot that keeps the air inside the balloon.
Easy Heart Balloon Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw two curved lines upward into the heart from the knot. This gives the balloon a three-dimensional texture.
Easy Heart Balloon Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a flattened oval or peanut shape beneath the knot of the balloon. This forms the end of the opening of the balloon.
Easy Heart Balloon Drawing - Step 6
6. Connect the knot to the end of the balloon using two short curved lines. Draw a "C" shaped line at the end of the balloon to indicate the opening.
Easy Heart Balloon Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend two parallel curved lines from the end of the balloon and connect them at the end. This is a string tied to the balloon.
Add More Details to Your Heart Balloon Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a curved shape at the top of one of the lobes of the balloon. This is a reflection or shininess on the balloon and it helps contribute to the three-dimensional appearance.
Complete the Outline of Your Heart Balloon Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the heart balloon outline by drawing another reflection on the balloon's opposite lobe. This one is smaller and oval in shape.
Color Your Heart Balloon Drawing
Color your cartoon heart balloon. We've shaded ours red in the fashion of a classic heart. Notice how the different hues in which the balloon is shaded contribute to its rounded, three-dimensional appearance.
For more great Heart drawing tutorials, see the 36 Easy Heart Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Heart Balloon Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).