Learn how to draw a great looking Female Genie with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Female Genie drawing.
A genie (or jinn) is a mythological being from ancient myths. Mythological genies can be both good and bad and play a large role in Middle Eastern culture. However, when you think of genies, you might think of the genie from the Disney film Aladdin.
In popular culture, genies come out of a lamp and grant you three wishes. You can wish for anything, like a million dollars, a fancy house or a mountain of diamonds.
Some characters are smart about their wishes. Others waste them and wish that they had asked for three more wishes.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
What would you wish for if you met a genie? You might not be able to meet one in real life, but you can draw a cartoon genie at home using this guide.
Your genie will come out of the lamp and smile at you as you create your own imaginative stories.
Draw the initial sketch with a pencil so you can erase any mistakes, then outline the drawing with a black pen. Use coloring materials like pens, markers and colored pencils to make your cartoon genie come to life when you're done.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Female Genie
Female Genie Drawing - Step 1
1. Near the top of the page, sketch one curved line with another curved line underneath to form an almond shape. Add the pupil, then make a hook shape for the nose.
Sketch a loose circle for the left eye, and draw curves for the eyebrows. Underneath, make a slightly curved line with a dip underneath.
Female Genie Drawing - Step 2
2. For the chin, sketch a curved triangle shape like the bottom of a heart. Curve this line upward, then draw an oval for the ear with a jagged line inside. Use circles to draw the earrings. Add another circle on the forehead with an elongated triangle on either side.
Female Genie Drawing - Step 3
3. Surround the head with wavy curves like hills. Draw more wavy curves to make the top of her head.
Female Genie Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch two straight lines with a scoop underneath to make the neck. Use semi-circles for the sleeves and curved lines to draw the rest of the body.
Female Genie Drawing - Step 5
5. Add a few lines on the body for more detail. Start the left arm with an L-shape, then draw a loosely parallel L-shape on top of that. Make a long oval for the thumb and two smaller ovals for the fingers.
Female Genie Drawing - Step 6
6. Sketch two more long oval shapes for the rest of the fingers. For the right arm, make a V-shape that points to the right with a similar shape next to it. Use curved lines to draw the sleeve. To draw the hand, make a loose rectangle with two curved edges.
Female Genie Drawing - Step 7
7. Start the lower half of the body with two straight lines, and connect them with a curve. Draw a loose triangle framed by two other triangles like wings. Make a squiggly line underneath the body.
Female Genie Drawing - Step 8
8. Use more broad, squiggly lines to draw the smoke around her body like a fluffy cloud.
Female Genie Drawing - Step 9
9. To draw the lamp, start with a broad almond shape. Add an oval on top of this shape, and use two lines to connect them. Draw three circles and a few curved lines to give the lamp more depth. Underneath, make a thin almond shape for the base.
Complete Female Genie Drawing
10. You're done! Outline your cartoon genie with a black pen or marker.
Use grey to color the cartoon smoke around her body. Color her hair brown, then make the lamp yellow with red spots.
Use the same yellow and red for her clothes and jewelry. Finally, use a skin tone-colored marker or pencil for the body. Make sure you use different shades so you can add shadows and depth.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).