Learn how to draw a great looking Firefighter with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Firefighter.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
A firefighter, fireman, or firewoman is a person employed in firefighting - putting out dangerous fires and keeping them from spreading. This may involve rescuing people from a burning building.
Firefighters use special tools and equipment. They wear helmets to protect their heads from falling debris, and clothing that does not burn and is heat-resistant. Fire Trucks may carry water or chemicals to extinguish the fires, or firemen may hook their hoses to fire hydrants. Ladder trucks provide access to tall buildings. Those who specialize in forest fires carry cocoon-like bags that they can hide in if trapped by wildfire.
Firefighters are often depicted in cartoons. Examples include Billy Blazes from Rescue Heroes and Marshall from Paw Patrol. Live-action films about firefighting include Backdraft and Fireproof.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon firefighter? This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished character.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Doctor, Soldier, and Cartoon Scientist.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Firefighter
How to Draw a Great Looking Firefighter for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by outlining the firefighter’s face. Use a long, curved line to enclose the nearly circular shape of the head. Note the slight indentation at the brow. Use a “C” shaped line to sketch the ear.
Easy Firefighter Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the hat, erasing as necessary. Use a “C” shaped curved line to draw the brim of the hat, and another curved line to enclose the opening. Then, use a curved line to enclose the top of the hat. Band the hat with a pair of curved lines.
Easy Firefighter Drawing - Step 3
3. Detail the fireman’s face. Use a series of curved lines to draw the hair above the ear. Draw two ovals to form the eyes. Within each eye, draw the pupil using a curved line, a “C” shaped line, and another curved line. Enclose the egg-shaped brows above each eye. Use curved lines to form the nose, the mouth, and the lines below the eyes.
Easy Firefighter Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to enclose the collar of the jacket, the arms, and the torso. Note that one arm employs a “T” shaped line to form the bend of the elbow.
Easy Firefighter Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to form the legs. Below each, draw a “C” shaped line to enclose the top of the boots. Then, extend two straight lines and connect them using a curved line to outline the boot.
Easy Firefighter Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a curved line down the center of the jacket, and band the bottom of it with a pair of curved lines.
Easy Firefighter Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the hands, erasing as necessary. Enclose the fingers using a series of overlapping curved lines. Band the cuff of the jacket with a pair of curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Firefighter Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a pair of “S” shaped lines passing through the firefighter’s hand to form the firehose. Connect them on the ends using short curved lines. Erase as necessary.
Complete the Outline of Your Firefighter Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a “C” shaped line around the end of the hose. Then, extend a pair of straight lines. Connect them at the end using two “C” shaped lines. This forms the sprayer nozzle of the hose. Erase as necessary. Then, draw a series of connected “U” shaped lines of various sizes to enclose the water coming from the hose.
Color Your Firefighter Drawing
Color your cartoon firefighter. Their suits are often bright yellow or red. Then, give him the tools he needs to do his job - a firetruck and a canine companion!
For more great People drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy People Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Firefighter Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).