Learn how to draw a great looking Firetruck with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Firetruck.
"Where there's smoke, there's fire," as the old saying goes. If there's a fire, you need a firetruck! This cartoon firetruck drawing tutorial can help you learn how to draw one.
A firetruck, also called a fire engine or fire lorry, is a large emergency vehicle used by first responders.
Some carry water to put out the fire, and others have long ladders to allow firefighters to reach people stuck in tall buildings.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Before fire engines were invented, people had to carry water in buckets to put fires out. Later, animal-drawn carts had hand pumps to spray water. Then, during the 1800s steam engines made firefighting more efficient.
In cartoons and popular culture, firetrucks are recognized by their sirens, flashing lights, and red coloration. Many are also depicted as having a Dalmatian dog on board. Why?
During the days of horse-drawn fire carriages, these dogs were compatible with the horses and protected them. They also ran ahead of the team to clear a path to the fire.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Firetruck
How to Draw a Great Looking Firetruck for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by outlining the front of the firetruck. Draw a horizontal rectangle with rounded corners for the grill. Above it, enclose three additional rounded rectangles, one larger than the other. The two smaller ones represent the headlights. Finally, draw a curved line up from one of the headlights to outline the side of the cab.
Easy Firetruck Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a straight line up from the grill to outline the front of the truck. Draw two large parallelograms to form the windshield. Then, enclose a rectangle on one side and a partial rectangle on the other to indicate the side mirrors. Draw small ovals and a curved line across the top of the truck.
Easy Firetruck Drawing - Step 3
3. Complete the top of the truck using curved lines. Draw a cylinder on top, and band it with two curved lines. This forms the light bar, which flashes brightly. Enclose partial and full rounded rectangles for the side windows.
Easy Firetruck Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to enclose the fender and tire. Draw an oval in the middle of the tire to form the wheel. Then, complete the doors using straight lines. Draw a small rounded rectangle on each door to form the door handle.
Easy Firetruck Drawing - Step 5
5. Enclose a half-circle shape below the grill to indicate a wheel on the opposite side. Then, use a series of straight and curved lines to outline the bottom of the firetruck and the rear wheel well. Draw another straight line near the top of the truck.
Easy Firetruck Drawing - Step 6
6. Outline the rear tire using a curved line. Draw an oval at its center to indicate the wheel. Then, draw compartments on the side of the firetruck. Sketch squares and rectangles of various sizes.
Easy Firetruck Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a straight line on top of the truck, with a curved line doubling back to the light bar and another passing over it. This is the base of the truck's ladder. Complete the back of the truck using a curved line, and draw one more square compartment on its side.
Add More Details to Your Firetruck Picture - Step 8
8. Use straight lines to sketch the firetruck's ladder. First, draw a long trapezoid. Then, draw another partial trapezoid at the front of the ladder. Begin drawing the triangular openings.
Complete the Outline of Your Firetruck Drawing - Step 9
9. Continue to draw triangles down the side of the ladder.
Color Your Firetruck Drawing
Color your cartoon firetruck. Traditionally, firetrucks are red, but they may also come in other bright colors, such as yellow.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Firetruck Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).