Learn how to draw a great looking Gecko with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Gecko.
"The gecko lizard clings with its feet, And it goes into the palace of a king."
- Proverbs 30:28, New World Translation
Most geckos are nocturnal and have good night vision. Some can run across water.
Unlike other lizards, geckos are also vocal, able to make clicks, chirps, cackles, and barking sounds.
Geckos make also great pets as they are easy to care for, easy to handle, and come in beautiful colors and patterns
Would you like to show your love for geckos by drawing one? This easy, step-by-step leopard gecko drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Gecko
How to Draw a Great Looking Gecko for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching the gecko's head. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the incomplete egg shape. Use a curved line for the smiling mouth, and place a short curved line at the corner.
Easy Gecko Drawing - Step 2
2. Detail the gecko's face. Draw an oval-shaped eye, and enclose the partial oval shape of the other eye using a curved line. Shade a double-pointed shape in the center of the near eye to form the pupil. Draw short curved lines around the eye, and shade a small circle to indicate the nostril.
Easy Gecko Drawing - Step 3
3. Begin sketching the gecko's leg. Use curved lines to outline the leg, bent at the knee. Draw a short curved line across the shoulder.
Easy Gecko Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of connected "U" shaped lines to draw the gecko's toes.
Easy Gecko Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend a curved line to form the gecko's belly, then use curved lines to sketch the rear leg, bent at the knee.
Easy Gecko Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a series of connected "U" shaped lines to enclose the toes. Draw a short curved line across the ankle.
Easy Gecko Drawing - Step 7
7. Use long curved lines to sketch the back of the lizard and its tail. Allow the lines to meet at a gentle point at the tail's tip.
Add More Details to Your Gecko Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the remaining front leg. Outline the leg with pairs of curved lines, and use a series of connected "U" shaped lines for the toes.
Complete the Outline of Your Gecko Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the remaining rear leg using curved lines, with "U" shaped lines for the toes.
Color Your Gecko Drawing
Color your cartoon gecko. Many geckos have spots, stripes, or blotches. They come in many colors. The web-footed gecko, for example, is dotted with cream, tan, brown, and grey, while the gold dust day gecko is bright green with orange spots and yellow toes and tail tip.
Creepy crawly or cute and cuddly, we've got the animals you want to draw.
For more great Safari Animals drawing tutorials, see the 31 Easy Safari Animals Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Gecko Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).