Learn how to draw a great looking Girl Pixel Art with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Girl Pixel Art.
Are you ready to design your own video game character? You can learn how to draw a girl in pixel art style. Get your graph paper ready!
Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider series is perhaps the most famous. And, of course, the original iterations of both of these characters were in the pixel art style!
You can make pixel art by hand or on the computer. Use graph paper or create your own using a ruler. Or, you can download one of many free point-and-click pixel art apps.
As you complete your drawing of a girl's face, you will notice that two types of lines are required. First, you will shade rows of squares on the grid paper to make thick, pixelated lines.
Later, you will use narrow lines that follow the lines of the grid to add detail to your drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Girl Pixel Art
How to Draw a Great Looking Girl Pixel Art for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin with the features of the girl's face. Shade two blocks horizontally for the nose, and sets of two, three, and two blocks for the chin.
For the bottom of each eye, shade a single square and a set of three squares. For the pupil and top of the eye, use a single square and rows of three, three, and two squares.
Easy Girl Pixel Art Drawing - Step 2
2. Outline the sides of the girl's face. Initially, you will use single squares connected at the corners. Then, you will include rows of two and three squares.
Above the face, shade vertical columns of two and three squares, connected at the corner. This is the part in the girl's hair.
Easy Girl Pixel Art Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, outline the girl's hair. Shade a series of lines, connected at the corners, each made from one, two, and three squares.
These diagonal lines should travel from the part to each side of the face, across the forehead, and the top of the head above the part.
Easy Girl Pixel Art Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue to outline the girl's hair. Shade single squares, long lines of squares, and "V" shaped segments to create the wavy line.
Easy Girl Pixel Art Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch the hair on the opposite side of the head. Again, use single squares, long lines of squares, and "V" shaped segments to create the wavy line. Notice the long horizontal line at the top of the head.
Easy Girl Pixel Art Drawing - Step 6
6. Complete the hair to match the opposite side using single squares and a "V" shaped segment.
Then, draw the neck and collar of the shirt. As you move into the next step, you will notice that this complicated pattern is not shaded in its entirety. The overlapping areas remain unshaded.
Easy Girl Pixel Art Drawing - Step 7
7. Shade diagonal single and double square segments to create the shoulders and upper arms.
Then, use thin lines to add detail to the hair. Enclose square and rectangle shapes along the edges of the hair above the forehead, but do not shade them.
Add More Details to Your Girl Pixel Art Picture - Step 8
8. Enclose single, double, and "V" shaped segments in the hair, but do not shade them. Outline irregular shapes in the hair above the shoulders.
Use short lines to connect the upper and lower portions of each eye, and enclose a roughly "L" shaped grouping of five squares to indicate the mouth.
Complete the Outline of Your Girl Pixel Art Drawing - Step 9
9. Continue to add narrow lines to the hair, forehead, nose, mouth, neck, and blouse. This will aid you in coloring your drawing.
Color Your Girl Pixel Art Drawing
Color your pixel art cartoon of a girl. Remember to use different shades within each section demarcated by thin lines.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Girl Pixel Art Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).