Learn how to draw a great looking Anime School Girl with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Anime School Girl.
Many animes and mangas are aimed at youths. It comes as no surprise, then, that many of these stories take place in high school.
School uniforms are common in Japan, and these appear in anime as well. The classic style is characterized by a short pleated skirt, popularized by the 1990s pop star Namie Amuro.
In Japan, the term otaku is used to describe "people with consuming interests, particularly in anime and manga."
In certain places, such as the Akihabara neighborhood of Tokyo, there are shops and restaurants that cater to the otaku subculture, even featuring workers in anime costumes.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cute cartoon of an anime schoolgirl? This easy, step-by-step manga cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pen or pencil and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Anime School Girl
How to Draw a Great Looking Anime School Girl for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the anime girl’s face. Draw three successively smaller circles to form the eyes. Shade between the two smallest to indicate the pupil. Use a thick curved line above and a curved line below to give them the classic squared shape of anime eyes. Then, use curved lines to draw the eyebrows, nose, and lips.
Easy Anime School Girl Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the anime girl’s hair. Above the face, draw curved lines that meet at downward-facing points. Then, draw lines extending along the sides of the face.
Easy Anime School Girl Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to outline the ears and pointed chin. Then, extend two curved lines for the neck, and connect them at the bottom. Draw an inverted triangle below the neck, and a curved triangle on each side of the neck, to form the collar of the garment.
Easy Anime School Girl Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to outline the long hair on top of and at the sides of the head. Texture the hair with short curved lines. Draw a small circular shape below the neck. Extend a curved line from each side of it and double it back to enclose an irregular shape. This is the tie or bow at the neck of the sailor suit.
Easy Anime School Girl Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to outline the sleeve, upper arm, lower arm, and hand. Notice the narrow “U” shaped lines that form the overlapping fingers and the short lines that contour the girl's palm of the hand.
Easy Anime School Girl Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to draw the remaining sleeve, arm, hand, and fingers.
Easy Anime School Girl Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw curved lines to form the sides of the torso and seams of the sleeves. Connect them at the bottom using a curved line, and draw a short line to indicate the hem or a wrinkle in the fabric. Below the torso, draw many curved lines to form the sides of the skirt and the pleats. Connect the sides of each pleat with a curved line.
Add More Details to Your Anime School Girl Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the leg. Use a pair of long curved lines, noting the bend of the knee. At the bottom, use curved lines to enclose the irregular shape of the shoe. Draw a short curved line at the knee, and band the leg with a curved line just below it to indicate the top of the tall sock.
Complete the Outline of Your Anime School Girl Drawing - Step 9
9. Outline the remaining leg using long curved lines. Draw the shoe at the bottom. Band the leg with a curved line, and use a short line to detail the knee.
Color Your Anime School Girl Drawing
Color your cartoon school girl. She’s wearing a sailor suit outfit, which is typically navy blue and white in color with a red tie. Did you notice how it resembles the outfit worn by Sailor Moon? Learn How to Draw Sailor Moon.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Anime School Girl Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).