Learn how to draw a great looking Girl Sitting with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Girl Sitting drawing.
"A thousand secrets are hidden in simply sitting still." -Karlfried Graf Dürckheim, Zen master
As your drawing skills continue to grow, you may want to draw your characters from different angles or engaged in different activities.
You can learn how to draw a girl sitting and add this common behavior to your cartoon portfolio.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? You can study the posture depicted in this drawing guide - the position of the girl's arms, shoulders, and legs, and the bend in the torso - and apply the principles to any character you want to draw.
Can you sit still long enough to draw this little girl? Yes, you can! In fact, some experts claim that doodling can help prevent you from "zoning out" or getting distracted during meetings or while at school.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Girl Sitting
How to Draw a Great Looking Girl Sitting for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by outlining the girl's face. Use curved lines for the side of the face, cheeks and chin, and the ear.
Easy Girl Sitting Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw her hair. Enclose a half-circle shape above her forehead to form her bands. Detail and texture the bangs with curved lines that descend from a central point. Then, outline the rest of her hair.
Draw a half-circle around the back of the head, and connect the bangs to the ear with a curved line. At the base of the neck, draw two curved lines that meet at a point, forming a curl.
Easy Girl Sitting Drawing - Step 3
3. Detail the girl's face. Draw curved lines to indicate the cheeks. Then, enclose the large, round eyes above them. Draw an oval with a small circle inside it within each eye. Shade the oval to indicate the pupil. Then, use curved lines for the eyelashes, nose, and smiling mouth.
Easy Girl Sitting Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to enclose the neck, hairband, and ponytail. Texture the ponytail with curved lines.
Easy Girl Sitting Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to sketch the girl's shoulder, arm, hand, fingers, and thumb.
Easy Girl Sitting Drawing - Step 6
6. Use overlapping curved lines to complete the torso. Then, enclose the shoulder of the remaining arm using a curved line.
Easy Girl Sitting Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the girl's shorts. Use curved lines to create twisted quadrilateral shapes.
Add More Details to Your Girl Sitting Picture - Step 8
8. Use a pair of curved lines to outline the leg, noting the short line that contours the knee. Then, draw the sneaker or tennis shoe. Use a curved line for the upper, and a pair of curved lines for the side of the sole. Enclose an oval shape for the bottom of the sole, and band it with straight lines to give it tread.
Complete the Outline of Your Girl Sitting Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the remaining leg and shoe using curved lines.
Color Your Girl Sitting Drawing
Color your cartoon girl.
Girl Sitting Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).