Learn how to draw a great looking Old Man Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Old Man Face.
Becoming a cartoonist means learning how to draw people at different ages. With an old man face drawing, you can learn about the different facial features that make characters appear aged.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This cartoon old man is wise and friendly. He's here to help, but he also has a sense of humor, so don't take everything that he says literally.
Once you've completed your drawing, give him a name so you can start imagining your stories together.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Old Man Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Old Man Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with two curved horizontal lines, then connect them with two vertical lines and draw an oval in the center. Add a curve on top to make a lantern shape similar to a cartoon man's eyes.
Easy Old Man Face Drawing - Step 2
2. To the left, make a large loop with a smaller loop on the right. Add a vertical curve on top of the first loop. Sketch two diagonal lines that point outward, then connect them to make a rectangle and add a curve on the bottom.
Easy Old Man Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw an oval in the left eye, then sketch curves around both eyes. Use loose hill shapes to make a shape that resembles a flat-bottomed cloud.
Easy Old Man Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Repeat the previous step for the left eyebrow. Use more loose, wavy hill shapes to outline the mustache. Have fun making the lines wiggly and expressive.
Easy Old Man Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch a curve underneath the mustache. Sketch more hills with varying shapes and lengths, like water dripping over the edge of a counter.
Easy Old Man Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Outline the face with a long hook shape on the left and a curve on the right. Make a loop with curves inside for the ear.
Easy Old Man Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw more loose, fluffy lines above the ear to make another cloud shape, then complete the head with a dome.
Add More Details to Your Old Man Face Picture - Step 8
8. Complete the hair on either side with more sketchy hills.
Complete the Outline of Your Old Man Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Add another curve and oval for the left ear, then sketch dashes on the forehead. For more practice, challenge yourself to draw a full-body cartoon old man.
Outline the entire drawing in black, making sure to fill in the pupils. Erase the pencil lines to complete your old man face.
Color Your Old Man Face Drawing
Finally, color the outline with your favorite skin color. Leave the hair white for realism. Use shadows to make your old man's face look realistic.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Old Man Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).