Learn how to draw a great looking LOL Surprise Doll with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect LOL Surprise Doll.
Would you like to learn how to draw an LOL Surprise! doll? Now you can, with the help of this easy cartoon character drawing tutorial.
What is a LOL Surprise! doll? The LOL Surprise! collection was released in 2016 by MGA Entertainment, the makers of Bratz and Lalaloopsy dolls. In 2017, it won several "toy of the year" awards.
LOL Surprise! characters have large eyes, diverse appearances and hairstyles, and fashion-forward attire. They are also packaged so that you don't know which toy you are getting until you open it - thus the "surprise!"
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? In texting, "LOL" usually stands for "laugh out loud," and sometimes "lots of love." But the "LOL" in LOL Surprise! dolls is short for "little outrageous littles."
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a LOL Surprise Doll
How to Draw a Great Looking LOL Surprise Doll for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
Easy LOL Surprise Doll Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the bangs of the doll's hair. Use overlapping curved lines to enclose round shapes above the eyes. Extend a long, curved line from the bangs, around the face, and back to the bangs to outline the head.
Use short curved lines to enclose the ears. Begin the eyelashes with a small shaded triangle at the side of each eye. Then, use thick lines to complete the eyelashes and eyebrows.
Easy LOL Surprise Doll Drawing - Step 3
3. Above the bangs, outline the shape of a crown or tiara using a series of small circles. Draw three curved lines from each side of the crown to the corresponding ear. Detail the inside of each ear with short curved lines.
Easy LOL Surprise Doll Drawing - Step 4
4. Enclose a partial circle on top of the head to form a bun hairstyle. Texture the bun with curved lines. Then, begin to draw the doll's body. Use two curved lines for the torso, then outline a curved triangular sleeve on each side. Draw a wavy, scalloped line along the bottom of each sleeve to indicate the lace.
Easy LOL Surprise Doll Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw another layer of lace on the sleeve using a curved, scalloped line. Then, draw the arms. Use pairs of curved lines for the arms and "U" shaped lines for the fingers.
Easy LOL Surprise Doll Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the front of the dress. First, use curved lines to outline an open rectangular shape on each side. Draw a curved line across each shape to form the lapel. Then draw three successively smaller bows down the front of the dress. Use a round shape for the center of each bow, and curved trapezoids for the sides.
Easy LOL Surprise Doll Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the skirt of the dress. First, draw a curved line across the bottom of the torso. Then, draw several overlapping curved lines on each side. Connect the skirt at the bottom with a long curved line. Then, draw three more bows. Notice how the bows become larger near the bottom of the dress.
Add More Details to Your LOL Surprise Doll Picture - Step 8
8. Draw lace decorations on the bodice and skirt of the dress. For each layer of lace, use a scalloped line.
Complete the Outline of Your LOL Surprise Doll Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the doll's legs. Use a pair of curved lines for each leg. Connect them at the bottom with a half-circle shape, forming the shoes. Band the bottom of each shoe with a curved line, forming the sole. Contour the knees with short lines.
Color Your LOL Surprise Doll Drawing
Color your LOL Surprise! doll cartoon.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
LOL Surprise Doll Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).