Learn how to draw a great looking Mountain Pixel Art with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Mountain Pixel Art.
Pixel art is a popular way of drawing that hearkens back to the early days of video games. You can learn how to draw a mountain pixel art to create an environment for your favorite characters!
Video game graphics were not always as realistic as they are today. Early games were highly pixelated - that is, they used blocks of color to create less detailed renditions of characters, objects, and backgrounds.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You can easily create pixel art yourself by using graph paper. Pixel art grids can also be drawn using a ruler - sketch equally spaced vertical and horizontal lines to form a checkerboard pattern.
Some people draw pixel art using a computer or other electronic device.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Mountain Pixel Art
How to Draw a Great Looking Mountain Pixel Art for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Using a grid, begin sketching the river. You will use many single squares connected diagonally at the corners and interspersed with longer vertical and horizontal lines.
Easy Mountain Pixel Art Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch the tree. Use a series of single squares as well as vertical and horizontal lines of two or three squares to produce the roughly rounded shape.
Notice the vertical segment below the leafy crown of the tree, suggestive of the trunk.
Easy Mountain Pixel Art Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a second tree. It should be smaller than the first, suggesting a greater distance from the viewer. Again, use segments of one, two, or three blocks to form the rounded shape of the crown.
Then, extend two blocks beneath it to form the tree's trunk. Next, shade the horizon line, forming the base of the mountains.
These lines are predominantly horizontal and connected to the extremity of the river. Notice the single blocks stacked on top of the horizon line.
Easy Mountain Pixel Art Drawing - Step 4
4. Begin sketching the first and larger mountain. It is predominantly made of single squares connected diagonally at the corners.
Note, however, that some "V" shaped blocks or segments of two to three squares give the surface of the mountain an irregular and rugged appearance.
Easy Mountain Pixel Art Drawing - Step 5
5. Complete the outline of the first mountain, then shade the outlines of the two smaller mountains. Again, create the lines from single squares and two-square segments connected diagonally at their corners.
Easy Mountain Pixel Art Drawing - Step 6
6. In this step, you will utilize a different type of line. Rather than shading squares to create thick lines, trace around the edges of squares to form thin lines.
Outline a "circle" of squares - a stack of three, five, seven, seven, five, and three squares - to indicate the sun in the sky.
Then trace an irregular shape to form a cloud. Notice how its base is a horizontal line.
Easy Mountain Pixel Art Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw an outline around the sun, parallel to the original lines. Use an "L" shape line to enclose part of a cloud below the sun.
Then, begin to detail the largest mountain. Trace zigzag lines around the squares to give the mountain a sense of depth.
Add More Details to Your Mountain Pixel Art Picture - Step 8
8. Continue to detail the mountains with zigzag lines. Use an "L" shaped line to enclose blocks along each of the tree trunks.
Give a sense of roundedness to the trees by enclosing a "Z" shaped set of blocks and single blocks near the top of the crown.
Complete the Outline of Your Mountain Pixel Art Drawing - Step 9
9. Continue to use thin lines to add details to the trees. Enclose a blocky shadow beneath each tree. Trace single squares and two-square segments to add a flowing water detail to the river.
Color Your Mountain Pixel Art Drawing
Color your pixel art cartoon mountain scene. Notice that in our illustration, the thin lines indicate the use of different colors.
For more great Landscape drawing tutorials, see the 31 Easy to Draw Landscape Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Mountain Pixel Art Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).