Learn how to draw a great looking Papaya with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Papaya.
Do you like to eat papaya? Have you ever tasted one? This easy, step-by-step papaya drawing guide will help you share this unique fruit with others.
What can you do with your papaya drawing? Sometimes, people give a fruit basket to someone as congratulations or a get-well present.
Instead of buying a basket of fruit, why not draw one? In addition to the papaya, you can include grapes, a spiky pineapple, bananas, and tasty oranges.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Your fruit basket is sure to make a lovely card!
As you draw your papaya, pay special attention to its elongated shape and tiny round seeds. It will soon look good enough to eat.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Papaya
How to Draw a Great Looking Papaya for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a long curved line. This will form one side of the papaya outline.
Easy Papaya Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another curved line, completing the outline of the papaya. Notice that the lines turn inward before meeting at the top.
Easy Papaya Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long, curved line from the top of the papaya to the bottom, roughly parallel to its side. Notice the "bumps" at the bottom of the line. This outlines the cut edge of the fruit and differentiates it from the skin.
Easy Papaya Drawing - Step 4
4. Next, sketch the endometrium or seed-containing cavity. Use a long curved line, with a shorter line meeting it at a sharp point. Then, enclose the rounded rectangular stem at the top of the fruit.
Easy Papaya Drawing - Step 5
5. Complete the heart-shaped seed cavity using another curved line. Texture the center of the cavity with straight lines, and the side with short curved lines.
Easy Papaya Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw many small circles inside the seed cavity, with the greatest profusion at the bottom. These are the papaya seeds.
Easy Papaya Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw more small, circle-shaped seeds throughout the cavity.
Add More Details to Your Papaya Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a second fruit. Use a long curved line to outline the shape of the papaya, partially hidden by the first.
Complete the Outline of Your Papaya Drawing - Step 9
9. Texture the skin of the papaya with long curved lines. Notice how the lines converge on the point where the flower was once attached, forming lobes.
Your papaya outline is now complete.
Color Your Papaya Drawing
Color your cartoon papaya. The skin of the papaya is typically green or yellow - or a combination of both. The inner flesh is red, orange, or pink. The color "salmon" from your box of crayons or pack of colored pencils will be a good match. The tiny seeds are jet black in color.
For more great fruit drawing tutorials, see the collection of Step-by-Step Fruit Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Papaya Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).