Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Peacock with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Peacock.
Peacocks are beautiful birds that have been featured in art for thousands of years. You can learn how to draw an easy peacock with the help of this step-by-step drawing guide.
This peacock drawing is specially designed for beginner artists. You can build your animal drawing skills as you use simple lines and shapes like circles and triangles to draw the peacock.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Only male peacocks have long, colorful tails. Females, called peahens, look a lot like this chicken drawing.
As a special challenge, can you draw a single peacock feather? First, learn how to draw a feather, then add the eyespot design you learned in this drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Peacock
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Peacock for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy peacock outline by drawing the bird's face. Start with a small circle. Inside it, shade two small ovals for the eyes and draw a small triangle to indicate the beak. Then, draw the feathers on top of the head.
Extend three curved lines from the head, and draw a small circle at the tip of each line.
Easy Easy Peacock Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend two long, curved lines from the head. This is the peacock's neck. Then, use a curved line to enclose an oval around the base of the neck. This is the bird's body.
Easy Easy Peacock Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the peacock's leg. Extend two long curved lines below the body. Then, use pairs of lines that meet at points to enclose three toes.
Easy Easy Peacock Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the second leg. Again, extend two long curved lines below the body. Then, use pairs of lines that meet at points to enclose three toes.
Easy Easy Peacock Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend a long curved line from the bird's side. Then, draw a series of "U" shaped lines. This is the beginning of the peacock's large tail.
Easy Easy Peacock Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend a long curved line from the opposite side, then draw a series of connected "U" shaped lines.
Easy Easy Peacock Drawing - Step 7
7. Connect the two sections of the tail with a series of "U" shaped lines. Then, begin detailing the feathers. Above the peacock's head, draw a circle inside a circle, and extend a straight, vertical line beneath it.
Add More Details to Your Easy Peacock Picture - Step 8
8. Draw more of these eyespots along the tail, one below each "U" shaped feather tip. For each eyespot, draw a circle inside a circle, and extend a straight line toward the bird's body.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Peacock Drawing - Step 9
9. Finish drawing eyespots on the tail. For each eyespot, draw a circle inside a circle, and extend a straight line toward the bird's body.
Color Your Easy Peacock Drawing
Your easy peacock cartoon is now complete. Color your drawing. Most peacocks have iridescent blue and green feathers with yellow markings. Some peacocks are solid white.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Peacock Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).