Learn how to draw a great looking Raichu Pokémon with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Raichu Pokémon.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Would you like to learn how to draw Raichu Pokémon?
Raichu is a popular Pokémon that evolves from Pikachu when you give it a Thunder Stone. This Pokémon has special electric powers that make it useful on the battlefield.
With this handy Raichu drawing tutorial, you can draw your own Raichu Pokémon at home in the classic Japanese style.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Start with a pencil sketch so you can erase any mistakes and get rid of the loose sketch lines when you're done. Afterward, use a black pen, pencil or marker to outline your Raichu before you color it in.
You can color your Raichu with anything--markers, crayons, colored pencils, oil pastels, paints or gel pens.
Make sure you use warm colors to capture Raichu's electric personality. You might want to use a white gel pen or oil pastel for the highlights on the eyes and nose.
Would you like to draw more easy Pokémons? See this post for 18 easy Pokémon drawing tutorials.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Umbreon Pokémon, Snorlax Pokémon, and Lucario Pokémon.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Raichu Pokémon
How to Draw a Great Looking Raichu Pokémon for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with two black circles, and fill them in. Sketch a diagonal line on top of each circle. Add an almond shape in the middle, then draw a lightly curved line with a loop underneath.
Easy Raichu Pokémon Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another loop inside the mouth to make the tongue. For the left side of the head, draw a vertical curve, then add a horizontal curve to make a dome. Add a semi-oval with a line pointing downward. Draw a round circle on the right, then make a semi-circle on the left.
Easy Raichu Pokémon Drawing - Step 3
3. For the left ear, start with a triangle pointing upward, then curve downward and make a spiral. On the right, sketch a curve that leads to a similar spiral.
Easy Raichu Pokémon Drawing - Step 4
4. Add curved lines inside the ears. To start the body, make a large semi-circle underneath the head. Draw a misshapen oval to the left that resembles a potato chip. Make a similar shape on the right with a slightly pointed edge.
Easy Raichu Pokémon Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the left leg with two sweeping curves that flatten a little at the bottom and connect to the body.
Easy Raichu Pokémon Drawing - Step 6
6. Sketch another semi-oval on the right, then draw an elongated oval underneath. Make sure that the two shapes overlap.
Easy Raichu Pokémon Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a few lines on the feet to make the toes. On the right, draw two large circles with one circle inside the other to make a loop.
Add More Details to Your Raichu Pokémon Picture - Step 8
8. Use bold zigzag lines on the left to make the end of the tail. Start with two triangles, swoop downward, then make another triangle and connect the tail to the body.
Complete the Outline of Your Raichu Pokémon Drawing - Step 9
9. Sketch a loose circle inside the body. Add more curved lines for the feet, then draw loops like small hills on the hands.
Color Your Raichu Pokémon Drawing
You now have a cartoon Raichu Pokémon! Outline the drawing in black, then grab your coloring tools.
To make your Raichu accurate to the cartoon, color the body light orange. Make the ears, hands, toes and tail brown, then use yellow for the cheeks, zigzag tail and inside of the ears. Add white highlights to the eyes and nose, and keep the stomach white.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Raichu Pokémon Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).