Learn how to draw a great looking Pinup Girl with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Pinup Girl.
While pinup girls aren't as popular today as they were in the 1940s, many women still model the retro look.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
When you draw a cartoon pinup girl, you can imagine that she lives during World War II or create stories for the modern age. Her outfit is inspired by fashions that were popular during the historical era.
While this guide recommends certain colors for her hair, shoes and dress, you can use any colors that you want for your cartoon drawing.
Some of the shapes overlap, so start with a pencil sketch so you can erase the lines later. Afterward, outline the drawing and use your favorite markers, pens, crayons or colored pencils to fill it in.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Pinup Girl
How to Draw a Great Looking Pinup Girl for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with a hook shape near the top of the page to make the nose. Sketch almond shapes on either side of the nose with two circles inside. Fill in the pupils.
Easy Pinup Girl Drawing - Step 2
2. On the left, draw a circle with a curved line on the top. From the right side of the circle, start a slightly curved line and draw the line upward.
Make light curves like waves. Use two curves for the eyebrows, then draw a line underneath the nose and draw two hills on the top, then another curve on the bottom.
Easy Pinup Girl Drawing - Step 3
3. Use broad, wavy lines to make a shape like a cloud. On top of this shape, draw a swooping curve like a broad M. Sketch a line on top of this shape, then add a dome on the top.
Easy Pinup Girl Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch two lines pointing downward with a scoop at the end for the neck. Add lines for the collarbones, then draw an uneven straight line to the right. Make another line pointing upward.
On the left, start with a hook shape for the shoulder, then trail the line downward. Add a similar line on the right, and draw another scoop at the top.
Easy Pinup Girl Drawing - Step 5
5. Make another loose cloud shape to complete the hair. Sketch a line on the bottom of the left arm.
For the right, start with a loose L-shape and use a straight line to attach the hand to the hat. Draw an elongated shape like a hot dog for the thumb.
Easy Pinup Girl Drawing - Step 6
6. Add similar hot dog shapes to draw the fingers on the left hand. Start the body with two scoop shapes, then add curvy vertical lines capped off with horizontal lines.
Easy Pinup Girl Drawing - Step 7
7. Sketch a wide curve on the left, and make a straight line to the right. Afterward, make a loose, curvy line to complete the skirt. Draw a few more lines to add the wrinkles in the fabric.
Add More Details to Your Pinup Girl Picture - Step 8
8. To start the left leg, draw a large L-shape, then add a curved V-shape to the left. Draw an oblong shape like a snake to make the shoe. Add another line to the right to draw the right leg.
Complete the Outline of Your Pinup Girl Drawing - Step 9
9. Begin the right leg with an uneven line, then draw a similar line that points outward in the opposite direction underneath.
Make another snake shape for the shoe, and add narrow triangles for the heels.
Color Your Pinup Girl Drawing
10. Outline your entire drawing with a black pen or marker, and erase the lines you don't need.
Now that you've drawn your cartoon pinup girl, use light blue for the dress and darker blue for the heels.
Add pink for the lipstick, then use a similar shade of pink for the hat. Make the hair dark brown. Finally, use your favorite skin color to bring your cartoon pinup girl to life.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Pinup Girl Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).