Learn how to draw a great looking Princess with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Princess.
It's been said that every little girl dreams of becoming a princess. What about you? You can live your dreams with the help of this easy, step-by-step princess drawing tutorial.
This princess sketch is simple - just add the shapes or curved lines in each step. They are highlighted in blue.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
What makes our princess illustration different from a regular girl? She has a crown and wears a distinctive dress. It has a heart-shaped neckline, puffy sleeves, and a wide, flowing skirt.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Princess
How to Draw a Great Looking Princess for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the fairytale princess outline by drawing her eyes. Use four curved lines to enclose the rounded rectangular shape of each eye. Shade a round pupil inside, and contour the eyelid above each with a short curved line.
Easy Princess Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to sketch her voluminous hair, ears, cheeks, and chin. Draw a small round earring on each ear, and use short curved lines for the eyebrows, eyelashes, nose, and mouth.
Easy Princess Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a crown on top of her head. Use curved lines to outline the sides of the crown and the triangular sections at its top. Draw a circle at the tip of each triangular spike, and an oval in the center. Enclose two partial oval shapes on the sides.
You can learn how to draw an even more detailed crown here.
Easy Princess Drawing - Step 4
4. Texture the hair with curved lines. Then, extend a pair of lines below the head to form the neck. Draw a circle at the end of each line; these will become the shoulders of the princess’s dress. Then, enclose a tall, narrow heart shape between the circles, forming the bodice of the dress.
Easy Princess Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of short, connected lines to draw the scallop-shaped sleeve below one shoulder. Then, use a series of long and short lines to sketch the princess’s arm and hand.
Easy Princess Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the scalloped sleeve, arm, and hand on the opposite side.
Easy Princess Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a series of connected, curved lines to finish enclosing the princess’s hair. The lines should pass behind her arms and back. Then, draw a scalloped shape below the bodice.
Add More Details to Your Princess Picture - Step 8
8. Extend long curved lines from each side of the scalloped ruffle, and connect them with a long wavy line. This is the long, flowing skirt of the princess’s dress. Use curved lines to detail the material.
Complete the Outline of Your Princess Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to sketch a little bird landing on the princess’s hand. Shade a small oval for its eye and small triangles for its feet and beak.
Color Your Princess Drawing
Your cartoon princess outline is now complete. Color her dress, hair, jewels, and feathered friend. We've chosen pink for our character because this color seems to be a favorite of princesses. But famous princesses have worn gowns of blue, yellow, or other colors, so feel free to be creative!
For more great Disney drawing tutorials, see the collection of Step-by-Step Disney Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Princess Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).