Learn how to draw a great looking Tiana from The Princess and The Frog with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Tiana from The Princess and The Frog drawing.
Tiana of Maldonia, or Tia for short, is a Disney princess. In fact, she is the ninth and most recently introduced Disney princess.
You can learn how to draw Tiana from The Princess and the Frog with the help of this cartoon drawing tutorial.
Tiana lived in New Orleans during the Jazz Age of the 1920s. She worked as a cook and dreamed of opening her own restaurant. When she kisses a frog, she falls victim to a curse which turns her into a smiley green amphibian as well. This leads to an adventure in the bayou.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
What is Princess Tiana like? "From a young age, Tiana knew that a dream is a little bit of magic and a lot of hard work.
She dug deep and found the courage to keep on trying, despite the odds, because Tiana is a visionary who learned the joy of sharing good food with others from her father. She is focused and driven to achieve her goals, despite the many obstacles she faces."
Did you know? Tiana's story is based upon the Brothers' Grimm fairy tale The Frog Prince. Story elements were inspired by a real-life New Orleans chef named Leah Chase. And the unexpected results of her enchanted kiss mirror the circumstances of Shrek's Princess Fiona.
Now, let's learn how to draw a Disney princess!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Tiana from The Princess and The Frog
How to Draw a Great Looking Tiana from The Princess and The Frog for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing Princess Tiana's eyes. Use curved lines to sketch the teardrop shape of the eyes. Notice the thick, dark line on top of each eye, which flares outward at the corner to form the eyelashes.
Within each eye, draw three successively smaller circles. Shade between the two smallest to indicate the pupil. Then, draw the eyebrows using thick curved lines.
Easy Tiana from The Princess and The Frog Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch the cheeks, chin, and jaw using a long curved line. Use additional curved lines to form the ear, to detail inside it, and to draw the nose, lips, and teeth.
Easy Tiana from The Princess and The Frog Drawing - Step 3
3. Sketch the princess's curly hair. Use curved lines to outline the hair above the forehead and at the back of the head. Then, draw tendrils of curls. Use pairs of curved lines that indicate a spiral shape and meet at points at the end.
Easy Tiana from The Princess and The Frog Drawing - Step 4
4. Use overlapping curved lines to finish outlining the fancy hairdo. Then, use a pair of curved lines that meet at a point to draw the first leaf of the crown in her hair. Draw a curved line at its center to indicate the central vein.
Easy Tiana from The Princess and The Frog Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw more leaves to create a crown. For each, use a pair of curved lines that meet at a point, and draw a curved line down the center. Then, draw curved lines upward from the crown. Enclose a small circle at the end of each.
Easy Tiana from The Princess and The Frog Drawing - Step 6
6. Use two curved lines to outline Tiana's neck. Begin her necklace by drawing irregular circles and a teardrop shape at the base of the neck. Connect the bead with short lines to complete the necklace.
Easy Tiana from The Princess and The Frog Drawing - Step 7
7. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the girl's shoulder, the top of her glove, and the side of her dress.
Add More Details to Your Tiana from The Princess and The Frog Picture - Step 8
8. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to sketch the remaining shoulder, the top of the glove, and the leaf-like side of the dress.
Complete the Outline of Your Tiana from The Princess and The Frog Drawing - Step 9
9. Use pairs of curved lines that meet at points to complete the petal-like front of the dress.
Color Your Tiana from The Princess and The Frog Drawing
Color your cartoon of Princess Tiana. Her dress and crown are typically light green and yellow-green.
Tiana from The Princess and The Frog Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).