Learn how to draw a great looking Rainbow Rose with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Rainbow Rose.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Would you like to learn how to draw a rainbow rose? Now you can. All you will need is a pencil or pen and lots of crayons, colored pencils, or markers.
Do roses really come in rainbow colors? Roses have been cultivated to display a variety of colors like red, purple, burgundy, lavender, light pink, medium pink, deep pink, salmon, orange, peach, cream, white, yellow, light green, blue, and nearly black.
Some roses have more than one color. For example, the peace rose has petals that are yellow at the bottom and pink on the tips.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Rainbow roses like the one in this picture can be created artistically by artificially coloring the petals.
How? "By splitting the stem and dipping each part in different colored water, the colors are drawn into the petals resulting in a multicolored rose."
Rainbow roses symbolize uniqueness. Are you ready to draw this rare flower? This easy, step-by-step rainbow rose drawing tutorial will help you master the rainbow rose outline in no time. Let's get started.
For more easy and fun guides, see the How to Draw a Simple Quick Rose or Realistic Rose Flower Drawing tutorials.
See also Guide to Drawing a Simple Rose.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Rainbow Rose
How to Draw a Great Looking Rainbow Rose for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the rainbow rose outline by drawing the tip of the rosebud. Use curved lines to create an irregular spiral shape.
Easy Rainbow Rose Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw more curved lines to create more petals around the flower's center. Notice how one line overlaps another as it begins on the side of the flower.
Easy Rainbow Rose Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines and a large "Y" shaped line to continue drawing petals as they envelop the rose.
Easy Rainbow Rose Drawing - Step 4
4. Use long, overlapping curved lines to create the outer petals of the rose.
Easy Rainbow Rose Drawing - Step 5
5. Use overlapping curved lines to create one more large outer petal. Then, enclose a curved triangle to form the sepal - a small green leaf at the base of the flower.
Easy Rainbow Rose Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another triangular sepal, then use a curved line to enclose a half-circle shape between them. From it, extend two curved lines to form the rose's stem.
Easy Rainbow Rose Drawing - Step 7
7. Next, draw the leaf. Extend a long curved line from the stem to form the leaf stem and vein. Then, use a series of curved lines that connect at jagged points to draw the top side of the toothed leaf.
Add More Details to Your Rainbow Rose Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the jagged bottom of the leaf, again using curved lines that meet in sharp points. Then, begin drawing the leaf on the opposite side.
Complete the Outline of Your Rainbow Rose Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your rainbow rose outline by finishing the leaf. Use a long curved line for the leaf stem and central vein. Then, complete the bottom of the leaf with a series of curved lines that meet at jagged points.
Color Your Rainbow Rose Drawing
Color your cartoon rainbow rose. You can color each petal a different color of the rainbow - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.
For more great Roses drawing tutorials, see the 50 Simple Roses Drawing Ideas post.
For more easy rose drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple Step-by-Step Drawings of Roses.
For all flower drawings, see the Step-by-Step Guides for Beginners to Learn How to Draw Flowers page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Rainbow Rose Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).