Learn how to draw a great looking Rainbow with a Pot of Gold with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Rainbow with a Pot of Gold.
Have you ever tried to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Now, you can create a rainbow with a pot of gold drawing!
This easy, step-by-step cartoon rainbow drawing tutorial will help you master the rainbow with a pot of gold outline in no time.
Irish folklore spoke of fairies called leprechauns - little men who had a penchant for finding treasure. In one myth, two poor farmers captured a leprechaun who was hiding beneath a carrot in their garden.
In exchange for his freedom, he promised them one wish.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The farmers could not decide and wished for many things. The leprechaun told them that they could have all these things if they found his pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.
The farmers spent the rest of their lives looking for the nonexistent pot of gold.
Today, a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow is a metaphor for "something you really want to have or you really want to achieve."
It is also a warning not to be greedy, but to work hard and be happy and satisfied with what you already have.
Pictures like this one are common decorations for St. Patrick's Day.
Would you like to learn how to draw a rainbow with a pot of gold? Here is your chance. Gather your pencils and crayons. Let's learn how to draw!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Rainbow with a Pot of Gold
How to Draw a Great Looking Rainbow with a Pot of Gold for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the rainbow with a pot of gold outline by drawing the pot or cauldron. Use curved lines for the sides of the heavy pot. At the bottom, use curved lines that meet at jagged points to draw the grass.
Easy Rainbow with a Pot of Gold Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the top of the pot using a narrow horizontal oval. Then, draw the pot's handles, erasing as necessary. For each handle, draw two "C" shaped lines and allow them to connect on the ends.
Easy Rainbow with a Pot of Gold Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, draw the gold coins in the mouth of the pot. Use connected "U" shaped lines to create the irregular shape.
Easy Rainbow with a Pot of Gold Drawing - Step 4
4. Detail and texture the gold. Use many "C" shaped lines to indicate the roundness of the coins.
Easy Rainbow with a Pot of Gold Drawing - Step 5
5. Next, draw a cloud in the sky. Use a straight line for the bottom of the cloud and curved, "U" shaped lines of different sizes for the top. Then, draw two curved lines from the cloud toward the pot of gold. The lines should not reach the pot. This forms the outside of the rainbow.
Easy Rainbow with a Pot of Gold Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw parallel curved lines inside the rainbow to indicate the bands of color. If you would like to color your rainbow realistically, be sure to use six lines during this step. Then, draw zigzag lines around the top of the pot, indicating the shininess of the gold.
Easy Rainbow with a Pot of Gold Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a four-leafed clover at the base of the pot. Use curved lines for the stem and the four heart-shaped leaves. Then, use curved lines to draw the hillside that the pot is sitting on. Notice the jagged curved lines that indicate the texture of the grass.
Add More Details to Your Rainbow with a Pot of Gold Picture - Step 8
8. Draw another grassy hill, and plant a three-leafed clover or shamrock on top, again using curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Rainbow with a Pot of Gold Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your rainbow with a pot of gold outline by drawing another shamrock and a few coins that have spilled from the pot. Use overlapping ovals for the coins.
Color Your Rainbow with a Pot of Gold Drawing
Color your cartoon rainbow and pot of gold. Typically, pots like this are black in color, and gold is shaded yellow. Color your rainbow with red, orange, yellow, green, blue, dark blue, and violet crayons or markers to give it a realistic appearance.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Rainbow with a Pot of Gold Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).