Learn how to draw a great looking Rose Bush with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Rose Bush.
Would you like to learn how to draw a cartoon rose bush? This plant-based drawing tutorial will assist you in drawing a rose bush outline in no time.
Someone once described the act of giving someone cut flowers in this way: "I love you, now watch this die." In other words, cut flower bouquets don't last very long.
The alternative, of course, is giving someone a living plant! So, instead of gifting your sweetheart a dozen roses, you could give him or her a whole living rose bush instead. In theory, the rose bush will produce flowers for years to come.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Another type of rose that is great for gifting is the miniature rose. This tiny shrub can be kept indoors in a pot. It produces small, perfect roses that are less than an inch across.
Take your time learning how to draw this cartoon rose bush. As they say - stop and smell the roses!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Rose Bush
How to Draw a Great Looking Rose Bush for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin your rose bush outline by drawing the flower pot. For the top of the pot, draw a shape like a curved and rounded rectangle. Enclose another rounded rectangle beneath it. Then, in the upper section, use two overlapping curved lines to draw a double-pointed shape.
This is the dirt in the pot. Draw a squiggly line in the dirt, and extend a pair of lines upward to form the plant's stem. Erase as necessary. Draw another curved line on the side - a branch.
Easy Rose Bush Drawing - Step 2
Easy Rose Bush Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines that meet at points to draw the sepals or small leaves at the bottom of the flower. Then, use curved lines to enclose the petals.
Easy Rose Bush Drawing - Step 4
4. Detail the petals at the center of the flower with a spiral-shaped line and additional curved lines. Then, begin drawing a second rose blossom - using curved lines for the petals and small triangular shapes for the sepals.
Easy Rose Bush Drawing - Step 5
5. Complete the second bloom. Use curved and spiral lines to outline the petals.
Easy Rose Bush Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, draw a rosebud - an unopened flower. Again, use curved lines to create the petals and small triangular shapes for the sepals.
Easy Rose Bush Drawing - Step 7
7. Detail the inside of the rosebud with curved lines, and sketch another rosebud. Then, draw a leaf. Use curved lines for the vein and sides of the leaf; allow them to meet at a point.
Add More Details to Your Rose Bush Picture - Step 8
8. Draw more leaves. Connect the roses with curved lines, enclosing the rest of the bush.
Complete the Outline of Your Rose Bush Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your rose bush outline by drawing a few more leaves. Notice how some emerge from the bare branches, and others seem to have fallen from the plant.
Color Your Rose Bush Drawing
Color your cartoon potted rose bush. What shade will your roses be?
For more great Roses drawing tutorials, see the 50 Simple Roses Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Rose Bush Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).