Learn how to draw a great looking Easy, Step-by-step Rose Drawing for Kids with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Easy, Step-by-step Rose Drawing for Kids.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Would you like to learn how to draw an easy, step-by-step rose drawing for kids? This simple flower drawing tutorial will help budding artists to master the easy, step-by-step rose drawing for kids outline.
Check out these fun facts about roses, curated just for kids:
- There are more than 100 species of roses, and they come from all over the world.
- Different varieties of roses are called cultivars. This means that their traits, such as color or smell, have been selected and nurtured by gardeners. Cultivars can be very different from wild roses, which usually have small blooms.
- Botanically speaking, roses don't have thorns - they have prickles!
- Rose petals are edible! In some places, they are used to make candy.
- Roses also produce an edible fruit called a rose hip. It's used to make teas and jellies.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Roses have been used as symbols in myths, stories, and communication for thousands of years. Do you remember the dying rose from Disney's Beauty and the Beast? The rose's falling petals marked the time the beast had left to make things right.
You can learn how to draw a rose. It's easy! All you'll need is a pencil, pen, marker, or crayon and a sheet of paper.
For more easy and fun guides, see the How to Draw a Cute Rose or Cartoon Rose Drawing tutorials.
See also Art Project: Draw an Easy Rose.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy, Step-by-step Rose Drawing for Kids
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy, Step-by-step Rose Drawing for Kids for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy, step-by-rose drawing for beginners outline by tracing the side of the rosebud. Use a long curved line for the side of the flower, then double it back upon itself at the end. This forms the curled tip of the petal.
Easy Easy, Step-by-step Rose Drawing for Kids Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a long curved line to complete the petal, giving it a teardrop shape. Then, continue the line beyond the first petal to form the second petal. Double it back upon itself to form the scalloped edge of the second petal.
Easy Easy, Step-by-step Rose Drawing for Kids Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the innermost petals of the rose blossom. At the top of the flower, sketch a series of overlapping curved lines.
Easy Easy, Step-by-step Rose Drawing for Kids Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another curved line at the tip of the rosebud. Then, at the base of the flower, draw pairs of lines that meet at points, forming the sepals or small leaves.
Easy Easy, Step-by-step Rose Drawing for Kids Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two more sepals, using pairs of curved lines that meet at points. Then, use a curved line to enclose a half-circle shape. This bulge at the base of the flower is called the receptacle.
Easy Easy, Step-by-step Rose Drawing for Kids Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend a pair of parallel curved lines from the receptacle to form the rose's stem. Extend curved lines from the stem. These will become the central veins of the leaves.
Easy Easy, Step-by-step Rose Drawing for Kids Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to enclose a teardrop shape around each leaf vein, outlining the leaves.
Add More Details to Your Easy, Step-by-step Rose Drawing for Kids Picture - Step 8
8. Draw short curved lines extending from the leaf veins, texturing the leaves.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy, Step-by-step Rose Drawing for Kids Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your easy, step-by-rose drawing for beginners outline by drawing thorns along the stem. For each thorn, draw a small curved triangle.
Color Your Easy, Step-by-step Rose Drawing for Kids Drawing
Color your simple cartoon rose. We've colored ours red, a favorite color for gifting roses. But did you know? Roses can also be white, yellow, orange, pink, blue, purple, or a combination of colors.
For more great Roses drawing tutorials, see the 50 Roses Drawing Ideas for Kids post.
For more easy rose drawing tutorials, see the collection of Art Projects Featuring Roses.
For all flower drawings, see the Art Projects to Help You Draw Flowers Easily page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy, Step-by-step Rose Drawing for Kids Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).