Learn how to draw a great looking Cute Rose with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Cute Rose drawing.
In 1929, Disney's Silly Symphony "Springtime" and later Flowers and Trees" in 1932 each featured a field of dancing daisies and other forest dwellers. In the time since, flowers with faces have been a cartoon staple.
Would you like to learn how to draw a cute rose with a face? This easy cartoon flower drawing tutorial can help you master the cute rose outline.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Flowers have a storied history in art. For thousands of years, they've been used to communicate emotions or served as the symbols of deities. Floral artworks by masters like Vincent Van Gogh and Georgia O'Keeffe are among the most recognizable paintings in the world.
During the 20th century, pop artist Takashi Murakami, known as "the Japanese Andy Warhol" painted a series called "Smiling Flowers." It features "rounded petals and a joyous cartoon face at the center." His creations are not unlike the cute, smiling flower in this drawing guide.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cute Rose
Cute Rose Drawing - Step 1
1. Begin the cute rose outline by drawing an eye. Enclose a large oval, with a smaller oval inside it. In the smaller oval, draw two circles. Shade between the oval and circles to indicate the pupil.
Cute Rose Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the second eye, a mirror image of the first. Again, enclose a large oval, with a smaller oval inside it. In the smaller oval, draw two circles. Shade between the oval and circles to indicate the pupil.
Cute Rose Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long curved line around the eyes, leaving the shape open on the top. Then, use curved lines to draw eyebrows above the eyes and a smiling mouth between them.
Cute Rose Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a series of curved lines to indicate the tips of the petals at the tops of the flowers. One line should double back upon itself.
Cute Rose Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw more curved lines at the top of the rosebud, completing the second and third petals. The central petal should form a heart shape.
Cute Rose Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a curved line and a spiral at the top of the rosebud to complete the unfolding petals. Then, draw a "U" shaped line at the base of the flower. This is a sepal - a small green leaf.
Cute Rose Drawing - Step 7
7. Use "U" shaped lines to complete the sepal. Then, extend a pair of vertical lines below the flower to form the stem. Next, extend a curved line from the side of the stem. This will become the leaf.
Cute Rose Drawing - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to enclose the teardrop-shaped leaf around the leaf vein. Then extend a curved line from the opposite side of the stem, and enclose the second leaf around it.
Cute Rose Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your cute rose outline by detailing the leaves and stem. Use curved lines to enclose pointed thorns on the side of the stem. Contour the leaves with short lines emanating from the central veins.
Complete Cute Rose Drawing
Color your cute rose cartoon. We've shaded our petals red, a familiar rose color. Roses also come in colors like pink, yellow, orange, white, cream, peach, lavender, and light blue.
For more great Roses drawing tutorials, see the 50 Easy Roses Art Projects for Kids post.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).