Learn how to draw a great looking Strawberry with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Strawberry.
The strawberry in its wild form has been eaten by people for centuries; it is mentioned in ancient Roman writings. During the 1300s, it began to be cultivated as a garden plant by the royal family of France. By the late 1700s, it had spread to many countries.
Did you know? Botanically speaking, the strawberry is not actually a berry. Scientists consider it an "aggregate accessory fruit." Whatever it is called, many people would agree that strawberry is a favorite flavor - as a fruit, a pie, in candy, in ice cream, and in beverages.
Interestingly, the name "strawberry" may be a mispronunciation of "strewn berry," describing how the strawberry appears to be strewn across the ground. This is because the strawberry grows on trailing vines.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
As such, many popular characters have been based on this fruit. These include the character Strawberry Shortcake, a red-haired little girl whose television series debuted in the 1980s, as well as Strawberry Kiss of the popular Shopkins toy line.
Strawberries dipped in chocolate are considered a symbol of love, especially around Valentine's Day.
Would you like to draw a delicious strawberry? This easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Strawberry
How to Draw a Great Looking Strawberry for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a curved line like a crooked letter "C." This outlines one side of the strawberry.
Easy Strawberry Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a second curved line to draw a mirror image of the first, enclosing the figure. Your strawberry outline should resemble a heart with shallow lobes.
Easy Strawberry Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, extend a pair of parallel curved lines from the top of the strawberry. Enclose the lines at the end using a small oval. This represents the strawberry's stem.
Easy Strawberry Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw an upside down, curved heart shape overlapping the stem. This forms the sepal, a leaf like structure, of the calyx - the green part at the top of the berry. Enclose another teardrop shape, forming a second sepal.
Easy Strawberry Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase guide lines from the sepals.
Easy Strawberry Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw additional sepals. Each should be drawn using curved lines that connect in a point.
Easy Strawberry Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase the guide lines from the sepals.
Add More Details to Your Strawberry Picture - Step 8
8. Draw additional sepals to fill in any bare spots. Draw a line down the middle of each sepal to indicate the vein.
Complete the Outline of Your Strawberry Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw small ovals across the strawberry to indicate the seeds.
Color Your Strawberry Drawing
10. Color your strawberry. Most strawberries are red with green sepals and either red or black seeds. Some, though, are pink, or even white with red seeds.
Would you like to cook up some more fruity drawing fun? Check out our selection of plant drawing guides, where you'll find apples, cherries, pineapples, and more.
For more great Food drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy Food Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Strawberry Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).