Learn how to draw a great looking Summer Vacation with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Summer Vacation.
Where would you choose to go for the perfect summer vacation? You can make your dreams a reality when you learn how to draw a summer vacation. This easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial can show you how.
For many people, a tropical getaway in Hawaii, Fiji, the Bahamas, Jamaica, or somewhere similar is the ideal vacation. What are some of the visual cues that you're having a tropical holiday?
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
As you can see in the illustration, many tropical islands and coastal areas have palm trees, homes on stilts, and small boats for travel. You will also find a lounge chair, a fruity drink, and a starfish.
Would you like to draw what's under the waves as well? You can learn how to draw a coral reef.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Summer Vacation
How to Draw a Great Looking Summer Vacation for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the summer vacation outline by drawing the chaise lounge. Use overlapping pairs of curved lines, connected on each end, to draw the arms, legs, and sides of the chair. Then, draw a curved triangle for the fabric back of the chair.
Easy Summer Vacation Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to complete the chair, enclosing the far side and the seat. Then, draw a small table. Use ovals for the top and bottom of the table. Connect them with two curved lines.
On top of the table, draw a drink with a citrus slice on the rim of the glass. You can draw your beverage of choice in more detail with the help of this lemonade drawing tutorial.
Easy Summer Vacation Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw an oval in the glass to indicate the liquid, and use curved lines to enclose a bendy straw. Then, sketch some tropical foliage using curved lines. Notice that the flat bottoms of some of the leaves are notched with "V" shaped lines.
Easy Summer Vacation Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a narrow horizontal rectangle in the background. Below it, enclose shorter narrow rectangles. This is the dock or pier on which the stilt house sits. Then draw the house - curved sides and a triangular roof. Note the series of curved lines that form the bottom of the thatched (grass or palm leaf) roof.
Easy Summer Vacation Drawing - Step 5
5. Add detail to the stilt house. Draw a rounded rectangle window and door. Texture the roof and the ripples in the water with curved lines. Enclose a curved shape; draw a line across it and connect it to the dock with another line. This is the boat or canoe.
Use this tutorial to learn how to draw a canoe that is realistic and detailed.
Easy Summer Vacation Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the straight horizon line and the round shoreline. Then, draw a clump of greenery using a series of curved lines. Extend two curved lines upwards from the undergrowth to form the trunk of a palm tree.
Easy Summer Vacation Drawing - Step 7
7. At the top of the trunk, draw three overlapping circles. These are the coconuts. Then, use overlapping curved lines to sketch the tree's large leaves.
Add More Details to Your Summer Vacation Picture - Step 8
8. Draw another palm tree in the distance. Enclose a five-pointed star near the chair, and draw a line across each of its arms. This is a starfish.
Complete the Outline of Your Summer Vacation Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw clouds and a round sun in the sky.
Color Your Summer Vacation Drawing
Your summer vacation cartoon is complete. Don't forget to color it! Your ideal holiday needs blue skies, blue waters, and white sand beaches.
For more great people drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw People Step-by-Step Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Summer Vacation Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).